The Student Room Group

Unconditional offer but bad a level grades

My question is that I’ve been given an unconditional offer when I applied for my course (Mechanical Eng) at Coventry university. My predicted grade were AAB in Maths/ physics and computer science.

However during my A level exam period I’ve gone through a lot from losing someone in my family and I don’t feel confident that I even got decent grades for me to go to uni. I feel as if I got two Es pretty much and I’m lost whether I should spend another whole year retaking or just go uni, do my best there and do masters etc. To make up for the loss now.

Is it worth retaking all for better A levels grades or shall I just take the unconditional and head to uni. Lost guys
Reply 1
Original post by Shaun222
My question is that I’ve been given an unconditional offer when I applied for my course (Mechanical Eng) at Coventry university. My predicted grade were AAB in Maths/ physics and computer science.

However during my A level exam period I’ve gone through a lot from losing someone in my family and I don’t feel confident that I even got decent grades for me to go to uni. I feel as if I got two Es pretty much and I’m lost whether I should spend another whole year retaking or just go uni, do my best there and do masters etc. To make up for the loss now.

Is it worth retaking all for better A levels grades or shall I just take the unconditional and head to uni. Lost guys

Honestly, you shouldn’t retake your a levels again.
I think you should go to uni....your A level grades doesn’t define who you are.
But again if you feel you can do better and want to get a better A level grade, It’s up to you again.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
I hear that, I’ll just go uni tbh,
The thing is I know I’ll be able to handle the work load etc, but this year hasn’t been good for me personally

But thanks
Original post by Bawo55
Honestly, you shouldn’t retake your a levels again.
I think you should go to uni....your A level grades doesn’t define who you are.
But again if you feel you can do better and want to get a better A level grade, It’s up to you again.
Reply 3
if it comes to it, you can always see if you could defer entry to the next year, but that might mean losing your unconditional. the university year starts later in the year than regular school so there's still time to consider things. hope things turn out alright
Reply 4
Original post by Shaun222
I hear that, I’ll just go uni tbh,
The thing is I know I’ll be able to handle the work load etc, but this year hasn’t been good for me personally

But thanks

Sorry about that but I hope things gets better soon.
And yes, you can defer your offer if you are not up for it this year but I think you should speak to the uni first if they willing to take it to next year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending