The Student Room Group

Applying as an independent student under 23

Hi,
I’ve been reading through the notes while attempting to do my student finance application and came across this. I’ll be classed as an independent student due to having a child but I don’t have a partner as defined in the notes (as I am not over 25). This means only my income will be assessed but it’s asking for my partners income? The only way it doesn’t ask for my partners income is if I put single on the application. Am I right in thinking that for the purpose of student finance, because I do not have a partner as defined in the notes, that I am actually classed as single for this application?

Thank you!
Original post by Courtneylrx
Hi,
I’ve been reading through the notes while attempting to do my student finance application and came across this. I’ll be classed as an independent student due to having a child but I don’t have a partner as defined in the notes (as I am not over 25). This means only my income will be assessed but it’s asking for my partners income? The only way it doesn’t ask for my partners income is if I put single on the application. Am I right in thinking that for the purpose of student finance, because I do not have a partner as defined in the notes, that I am actually classed as single for this application?

Thank you!

You don't have a partner as defined in the guidance notes, so you should select 'single'.
Original post by Courtneylrx
Hi,

Thank you!

Hi Courtney,

You would need to say you’re single if you do not meet the criteria for any of the other marital statuses.

Thanks, Ashley.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending