The Student Room Group

Starting my first job at 16!

So basically I have got a job for over the summer which is great obviously but I'm a bit nervous because I think I'll definitely be the youngest there by a fair bit. Tbh I'm just a bit daunted and I'll be working mostly with someone else/ a team. Does anyone have any advice or has anyone maybe been in the same situation? Thanks : )
Original post by pineapplepink
So basically I have got a job for over the summer which is great obviously but I'm a bit nervous because I think I'll definitely be the youngest there by a fair bit. Tbh I'm just a bit daunted and I'll be working mostly with someone else/ a team. Does anyone have any advice or has anyone maybe been in the same situation? Thanks : )

I got my first job when I was 16 as well, and I remember feeling nervous like you. It definitely helps if the team is nice and friendly, which I'm sure they will be. Be friendly and open, ask questions if you aren't sure and you'll be fine. It's understandable to be nervous but try to keep them under control. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, you're new so it's actually expected of you to get things wrong occasionally. You'll eventually find your groove and settle in. Good luck :smile:
Lucky you! In my busy area those aren't available for kids that young, if I may ask what is it? You can pm it, if you want
Thanks so much that's really helpful :smile:
Original post by DrawTheLine
I got my first job when I was 16 as well, and I remember feeling nervous like you. It definitely helps if the team is nice and friendly, which I'm sure they will be. Be friendly and open, ask questions if you aren't sure and you'll be fine. It's understandable to be nervous but try to keep them under control. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, you're new so it's actually expected of you to get things wrong occasionally. You'll eventually find your groove and settle in. Good luck :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Luckkyy bastrd I can't find one :lol:
Ealing is farrrrr
I just want to stand behind a counter and sell stuff not clean tutti off the floor :rofl:

If I tutored anyone they would fail big time :lol:
I had my first job last summer when I was 16 at Warren James. I was the youngest by a long shot the second youngest was 32. But everyone was really friendly and helped settle.me into the working environment. it will be fine so honestly dw.
Original post by Caitlynann2002
I had my first job last summer when I was 16 at Warren James. I was the youngest by a long shot the second youngest was 32. But everyone was really friendly and helped settle.me into the working environment. it will be fine so honestly dw.
Who's gonna buy lemonade from a shady looking paki :rofl:

Uhh what are fractions again? :lol:
I'm on it :biggrin:

Oi :rofl: My Urdu is **** too tbf :lol:
Question update: I think it's gone pretty well so far. People have been really nice and I think I'm getting the hang of things.
Thanks for all the responses. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending