The Student Room Group

Clearing

What is the chance of me of getting a place at university through clearing?
Original post by hobashir

depends what you want to do and what grades you have?
Reply 2
i want to do psychology and im predicting ive got CCD
Original post by claireestelle
depends what you want to do and what grades you have?

You’ll get innn. What uni is it?

would you do a foundation year? if so birbeck, bishop grossette, bolton, uwe could be worth a try. Bournemouth say they can be flexible in clearing so could be worth a try. Canterbury christ church and chester could be worth a go too, there's probably many more options available to you too.
Reply 5
Aston uni
Original post by nabilahhh
You’ll get innn. What uni is it?
Aston uni

thats a big drop from their standard offer so it's unlikely i m afraid.
Reply 7
Original post by claireestelle
thats a big drop from their standard offer so it's unlikely i m afraid.

But they offered me BBC through aston ready scheme
But they offered me BBC through aston ready scheme

if that's their lower offer for your circumstances and their standard offer is much higher they won't go much lower if at all.
Hi @hobashir :smile: After sitting your exams, we know it can be stressful if you think that they haven't gone as well as you've hoped. But rest assured, last year over 65,000 students gained a place through Clearing, so you wouldn't be alone.

It really varies between universities as to what will be offered through Clearing. We would recommend having a look at the universities that offer your course, and see if they currently have positions available in Clearing (some universities will have designated pages, like ours here). That way you'll have a few options to hand on Results Day. Once you've received your results, you'll be able to get in contact with the universities in question and see what your best options are, you may be able to enter directly into a course, or perhaps take a Foundation Year.

If you have any specific questions on Clearing, or the University of Chester, just let us know!

Fingers crossed that you get into the university of your choice. :grin:

Reply 10
Thank you very much for replying. Some people have been messging me saying that i wont get a place and the made me feel bad.
Original post by University of Chester
Hi @hobashir :smile: After sitting your exams, we know it can be stressful if you think that they haven't gone as well as you've hoped. But rest assured, last year over 65,000 students gained a place through Clearing, so you wouldn't be alone.

It really varies between universities as to what will be offered through Clearing. We would recommend having a look at the universities that offer your course, and see if they currently have positions available in Clearing (some universities will have designated pages, like ours here). That way you'll have a few options to hand on Results Day. Once you've received your results, you'll be able to get in contact with the universities in question and see what your best options are, you may be able to enter directly into a course, or perhaps take a Foundation Year.

If you have any specific questions on Clearing, or the University of Chester, just let us know!

Fingers crossed that you get into the university of your choice. :grin:
Hi @hobashir :smile: Not a problem! We know it's a stressful time awaiting results.

Just prepare yourself by doing some research and keep your options open - the universities you're interested in will be able to advice you on the day what they think your best route will be, and you never know - you may have done better than you thought!

Best of luck :smile:
Thank you very much for replying. Some people have been messging me saying that i wont get a place and the made me feel bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending