The Student Room Group

How to get over someone?

I have no idea how to start this but here goes (long but if you want all the tea go for it)

Idk if this guy likes me but I have a feeling that he might? I don’t want to sound egotistic or anything because right now I’m questioning if I’m actually an attractive person or just someone people feel comfortable with easily.

I think the big clues as to why I think he might like me (other than obviously glances and attempts to crack a joke when I’m close by):

1. He manages to be everywhere I am. I’m not saying he’s following me or making sure we are in the same place at the same time but if I’m in a shop looking at something he would happen to be there to tap my shoulder. The weird thing is he doesn’t even say hi he just looks at me as I say hi. He did this multiple times but the first time he made an excuse and we end up walking to school together.

2. According to my friend who had no clue about this he only chats to me and no other girl which I later found wasn’t true because he does sit next to girls at lunch but I have seen that in class he doesn’t tend to talk to other girls except for me. This is when I thought maybe I’m just a friendly person but that seed of doubt is in my head.

3. He was quick to help me out with things. We were having a class party and even though I was pouring out and giving the drinks to people he got up to help me which is aw but then he only gave it to his table and sat back down so idk maybe he thought I was slow?? Btw our class only had two tables full of people and since we got to sit where we want we sat with our friends and subconsciously the girls and guys were split 💀💀 we cool with the guys but idk it just happened.

Also this other time my bottle leaked in my bag and it was just dripping with water. I didn’t realise that it was leaking until he said it. As I was getting my stuff out him and my teacher helped clean it up but obviously my teacher had to teach so we were wiping the table dry. I felt bad later and said he should sit down since all I had to do now was dry my bag. He didn’t say much but when I said thank you at the end of the lesson we just nodded and left. I thought I might’ve seen a slight smirk but idk I can’t remember too well. I thought that was really nice but then again maybe I’m giving him too much credit because if you were gonna point it out it’s gonna look rude if you just leave me to it, plus in that class only we and like two other people know each other so that’s even worse if you were to just leave me to it. Idk am I the only one who thinks like this?

3. He’s becoming different...in the start of the year we had to talk about what we wanted to do after we finish college (I said I wanted to do an aerospace engineering apprenticeship because moneyyyyyy) he said he didn’t know what he wanted to become, then later he said he might wanna do an apprenticeship and then afterwards he was like I might wanna do aerospace engineering apprenticeship or go more into geography because he likes it. Idk maybe I’m overthinking it but I might’ve scared him out of it when I was overly excited about our similar choices 😂 obviously part of the plan. But in all seriousness idk maybe it’s all just speculation that he’s choosing similar stuff to me or he genuinely is interested in it. To be fair there was a specific meeting for those who want to do engineering and he could’ve easily stayed behind but no he just left after telling me something not important. I think I did scare him away 👀

So Ik this is long but now I want to go into why I think he doesn’t like me and I’m overreacting and tryna give myself a big head:

1. There was this one time I was waiting for a bus (I usually walk to school but I was getting late and there was a morning test and I wanted to get there early to revise before it) and he just happened to be there too which is weird because he always took the bus why is he walking. So he just popped up and I say hi and then he just LEAVES. No HI or WHY YOU NOT WALKING just LEFT. Like hUH so out of spite I took that packed bus and just as I was passing him I made eye contact and made a wide grin eventhough I probably looked mad to the other passengers 🤷🏽*♀️. I hope he saw otherwise I did that for no reason. Btw we were in the same class and we both had to take that test. I just ignored him afterwards cos tHat fRicKin Test-

2. Hey look another test. We both took the test and since we talked in a small group before it I thought we were cool. After the test I felt completely shattered and I just didn’t want to be alone. Since we both go in the same direction home I decided to say hey let’s go together and he was surprised maybe even weirded out (idk I can’t read him well) but he was like ok. We stopped a lot to meet with his friend that I know as well to ask about the test and he did wait for me when I had to stop to put a pencil in my bag. But honestly it was so dead I was trying to start convo but he gave me one word answers and UGH. Like if you didn’t want to talk to me at least tell me or give me a sign (preferably verbal because again I CANT READ HIM). And the worst part bit the most he talked was when he saw his friend go on a bus, to which I said go after him and he said nah. THeN whY mEntIon iT.

Wait no the worst part is when we got on a bus (I went in first) that was quite packed I walk to the middle of the bus to stand next to the door since it’s a one stop trip for me (I usually walk but I was dead that day don’t judge) and WHAT DO YOU KNOW?? He weNt upstairs to the top deck WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING. WhAT. He even looked down at me when he did it. So being someone with no self shame and impulsive behaviour I went upstairs just to see if there’s any space. There was none and GUESS WHO THE FIRST PERSON I SEE. This DUDE sitting next to some old man. I give him a long disappointed look as he gave me a sheepish smile until I was just fed up and went downstairs. That day I decided that I didn’t care if he even so much as thought about liking me I do not want anything to do with him as a close friend. Like I thought we were friends at least but I got the message. It was a rude one but clear.

After that he was here and there talked briefly glancing slightly somehow being where I am to tap my shoulder as I was looking at something. But hONESTLY I give up. I don’t KNOW him since he’s so closed off. I can’t read him nor do I know him beyond what we both relate to (watching the same stuff, drawing etc etc). And he is probably friends with other girls because iVE seen HIM GIVE CHOCOLATE TO THEM and walk off without saying anything. My friends keep saying he’s just shy but like HE GIVING CHOCOLATE TO GIRLS and HAS FRIENDS so idkkkkkkkkk

Look I’m done. I just want to drop him and move on just love myself and get A*s but that seed of doubt is in my head thinking what if and maybe this and just UGH. I want to stop but what if I’m being unfair. I don’t even know if I like him back because I don’t like not knowing how he feels so I’m just confused really. To be honest I am not big on being in a relationship ASAP because I care about my studies more and I’m tryna be halal here but my mum said if I find someone I like I can tell her and we can set something up.....soooooooooooooooooo if I was to try something out I would be as halal as possible no touchy touchy

Also I love myself and don’t care what other people think of me. Just throwing that out there because I’m not desperate at all.

Should I learn to move on or should I see what happens?

Btw for context we both go to a sixth form and are starting year 13 this year. We are both Muslim (btw please don’t roast me on being haram I swear I was tryna be halal but also a friend so no touchy touchy but still talky talky and it’s not like I’m not looking for anyone but I also don’t know what a relationship is and weirded out by it....if anything he’s more haram for GIVING CHOCOLATES TO GIRLS but I digress I’m still tryna become better with my faith I’m sorry)

Sorry this was long just wanted to give you all the info 💁🏽*♀️
Yeah im not reading that , just ask him if you want to be sure.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Yeah im not reading that , just ask him if you want to be sure.

Yeah same xD, But based on the title, if u want to get over someone, the best way is to just go for someone new, talk to new guys and ull eventually forget about him
As above, as much as I’d like to help I can’t read that all. But, in regards to getting over someone:

Get under someone new.

Okay but seriously, if you really want to get over someone just let the person guy. Cut off contact (if you wanna be friends WAIT until you’re over him fully first).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending