The Student Room Group

A Level Results Day

Scroll to see replies

I just got my cambridge AS grades and I'm at a loss for words. I got a C in law (1 mark to a B) and I'm so sad and disappointed in myself. I want to be a freaking lawyer but what university is gonna see that from that grade. Especially since I'm an international student. What to I do?? Should I consider getting it remarked or resit or just drop the subject and continue with English, History and Sociology??? I don't know what to do!!!!
Original post by Angelique255
I just got my cambridge AS grades and I'm at a loss for words. I got a C in law (1 mark to a B) and I'm so sad and disappointed in myself. I want to be a freaking lawyer but what university is gonna see that from that grade. Especially since I'm an international student. What to I do?? Should I consider getting it remarked or resit or just drop the subject and continue with English, History and Sociology??? I don't know what to do!!!!

I know a boy who did Law AS and dropped it after year 12 and now he’s going to oxford in september after doing English, History and Business!
Talk to your college about it and see if they have advice.
Lots of universities will take a B grade, plus you still have a year (if you choose to continue) to boost your grade :smile:
Original post by medic2001
I'm in the exact same position as you :frown:

That is comforting to know.
Where do you have your offers from?
What’s your plan if you miss your grades?

Best of luck!!
Original post by 421salpho
it makes me slightly comforted to know that most people are in the same boat as me. I just can’t deal with seeing the disappointment on my parents face!! I can resit this year and try again next year but knowing they’re disappointed would KILL me.

Is anyone else taking their parents/a family member on thursday?

Mines all online luckily
I know a boy who did Law AS and dropped it after year 12 and now he’s going to oxford in september after doing English, History and Business!
Talk to your college about it and see if they have advice.
Lots of universities will take a B grade, plus you still have a year (if you choose to continue) to boost your grade :smile:

Thanks so much, that's so reassuring. Right now I'm just gonna calm myself down and wait for the edexcel results too
:banghead:
Anyone else just can’t sleep anymore? I’ve been waking up at like 6am the last few days after getting about 3 hours sleep!
Anyone else just can’t sleep anymore? I’ve been waking up at like 6am the last few days after getting about 3 hours sleep!

Yes I've definitely reached this point now 😢 even though sleeping would be a great distraction, I just find myself waking up and it's like all the time I'm subconsciously thinking about tomorrow
Original post by Angelique255

You don't generally need law A level for law

same :frown: in bed rn and annoyed I woke up now I wish I slept longer urgh. Tomorrow is dooms day!
My son’s both got b’s at as level and both got into Oxford, one for medicine one for German so please don’t worry about as levels
good luck to everyone tomorrow. we’ve worked so hard the last two years and i hope it works out the way everyone wants it to. i hope we all get some decent sleep tonight and nobody is panicking too much. we’re in this together guys🤞🤞
Just heard on BBC news that Maths percentage has been leaked. Over 55% is an A
I'm freaking out. I have a bad feeling that I will be getting terrible grades. I know I'm going to be disappointed either way
Less than 12 hours to go
How is everyone feeling? I genuinely don’t know how I feel, my grades could either go good or bad I have no clue. I think i’m more nervous to disappoint my dad.
How are you feeling for it?

I'm Terrified I need AAB to get on my music performance course at Sheffield. I'm bricking it ,I'm either going to cry either with happiness or sadness tomorrow.😐😅
Idk if its just me with this issue but i'm more scared of letting myself my parents and my teachers down than what uni i get into it
Reply 117
I decided to watch reactions like people who failed but still got into good unis and are doing great at their courses but now I'm like realising like this is reality, I could actually fail ? idk how to feel like I'm just anxious
Honestly I'm terrified. I'm sitting on my bed right now waiting to fall asleep but I can't. I'm in yr13 and I did Biology, Geography and Economics. My avg heart rate today above normal. I just hope I get in😬
How is everyone feeling? I genuinely don’t know how I feel, my grades could either go good or bad I have no clue. I think i’m more nervous to disappoint my dad.
How are you feeling for it?

Honestly I'm terrified. Im in Yr 13 and I too economics, biology and geography. Only fate remains for me now. Beys of luck everyone✌️

Quick Reply

Latest