The Student Room Group

Anyone been called in to school for results day

Anyone been called into school for their A Level results
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone been called into school for their A Level results

My daughter was called by the school at 8am on results day... we knew then it was bad news and she was going into Clearing.

It all worked out fine in the end though as she got into another good uni :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
My parents have no clue it's results day tomorrow, if the school call home and ruin it all for me... M25 here I come.
Original post by Dunya
My parents have no clue it's results day tomorrow, if the school call home and ruin it all for me... M25 here I come.

Just tell them the school called to see if you would be willing to come back for another year since they miss you so much
I just got a message from them to bring your phone in case of clearing which made me freak out, it sounds like a negative sign
Original post by Aleks&lt
I just got a message from them to bring your phone in case of clearing which made me freak out, it sounds like a negative sign

Text messages from schools are usually mass sent to every student, so don’t worry too much :smile: probably just a precaution by your college
Original post by harrysbar
Just tell them the school called to see if you would be willing to come back for another year since they miss you so much

images-14.jpeg
do skls actually send out emails individually?
Original post by Dunya

I’ll see you next week x
Original post by RazzzBerries
I’ll see you next week x

Nuh uh you won't need to be there kid.
Original post by Aleks<3

Depends if it was a message just to you or to everyone....if it was to everyone, it can't be a bad sign.

Also, my daughter got an actual phone call not an email or text...it was from the head of sixth form....and her tone was very sympathetic :frown: She said bring tissues......that bit's a lie
Sorry I ticked annonymous by mistake
Original post by harrysbar
Sorry I ticked annonymous by mistake

did they call the day before results day?
Original post by Shuviliaxx

in some schools if you've done rlly well they call you the day before to be talked to by the mail, bbc or just to take photos
Original post by Shuviliaxx

No it was the morning of results day.....what did they actually say? (pm me if you prefer)
I don't know what's going on with the anon thing at the moment
Yeah I have been, to collect my results.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by hobicorn
Text messages from schools are usually mass sent to every student, so don’t worry too much :smile: probably just a precaution by your college

Thanks, I hope that's the case! :smile:
Original post by Aleks<3
Thanks, I hope that's the case! :smile:

I agree....if they really wanted to make you come in early due to knowing you were in Clearing, I think they would have actually phoned you - not today but tomorrow. It sounds like a general text to everyone to me, just reminding people to come in to collect their results and bring their phones in case of Clearing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending