The Student Room Group

Ucas error

Hi there, im not sure if this is an error but I applied for Accounting and the university I applied to has given me an unconditional for Comparative Literature and Film Studies.

What do you think I should do? My other choice gave me a place for Accounting, but I wanted to go to my firm.

Thank you
Original post by MissCarter786
Hi there, im not sure if this is an error but I applied for Accounting and the university I applied to has given me an unconditional for Comparative Literature and Film Studies.

What do you think I should do? My other choice gave me a place for Accounting, but I wanted to go to my firm.

Thank you

I would recommend contacting the university to see why this happened - universities offering changed courses must do so within the same subject area. I'd also recommend contacting UCAS to make them aware as this is totally inappropriate. Which university is this?

@She-Ra FYI
[QUOTE="Web;84754708" Charlotte's="Charlotte's"]I would recommend contacting the university to see why this happened - universities offering changed courses must do so within the same subject area. I'd also recommend contacting UCAS to make them aware as this is totally inappropriate. Which university is this?

@She-Ra FYI[/QUOTE

Queen Mary.

But the different between accounting and Comparative Literature and Film Studies is wayyy to different.
The requirement for Comparative Literature and Film Studies is - BBB and I received an unconditional for this
for Accounting it is - AAA

What does this mean:frown:

Thank you

This very bizarre.

Call them and find out why they have done this. Do you have your exam results yet?
Original post by Charlotte's Web
I would recommend contacting the university to see why this happened - universities offering changed courses must do so within the same subject area. I'd also recommend contacting UCAS to make them aware as this is totally inappropriate. Which university is this?

@She-Ra FYI[/QUOTE

Queen Mary.

But the different between accounting and Comparative Literature and Film Studies is wayyy to different.
The requirement for Comparative Literature and Film Studies is - BBB and I received an unconditional for this
for Accounting it is - AAA

What does this mean:frown:

Wait..... you already had accepted an unconditional offer from Queen Mary?
Original post by She-Ra
Wait..... you already had accepted an unconditional offer from Queen Mary?

I think the unconditional was for theatre and film not accounting
Original post by She-Ra
This very bizarre.

Call them and find out why they have done this. Do you have your exam results yet?

Not yet, the lines open at 9am and I have to collect my results from school at 9am aswell.

Original post by LadyBunion
I think the unconditional was for theatre and film not accounting

Yeah they messed up my courses. My course was accounting, It wasn't Comparative Literature and Film Studies. I dont know why they did this.
Not yet, the lines open at 9am and I have to collect my results from school at 9am aswell.

Yeah they messed up my courses. My course was accounting, It wasn't Comparative Literature and Film Studies. I dont know why they did this.

Once you have your results give them a call. If you have missed your offer then they can offer you an alternative course choice. However, it should be relevant to your initial choice.

Let us know how you get on - we'll help you with this :smile:
Reply 8
Hello
Original post by John Fred
Hello

Hiya, do you have a UCAS related question? :smile:
Thank you! I’m going at 9 to collect them and I’ll let you know x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending