The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rachaelllk
I applied for KH11 and sent my creative task in mid-Dec. I just got asked to submit a small portfolio of 10 works a week ago. I'm planning on including a short film that I made, as in the email they said films are accepted. I was wondering whether this is a good idea? Since I'm an international student, I was also wondering whether I would also have to attend another interview. Thank you!

wait what creative task? Are you sure you didn't apply to the K100 (BSc Architecture)? I sent my portfolio in for the KH11 at the start of January.

With regards to the film, I think that's a great idea, especially as it's stated as allowed.

What would you mean by another interview? Have you already done one? If so I believe not.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by benchan
wait what creative task? Are you sure you didn't apply to the K100 (BSc Architecture)? I sent my portfolio in for the KH11 at the start of January.

With regards to the film, I think that's a great idea, especially as it's stated as allowed.

What would you mean by another interview? Have you already done one? If so I believe not.

I received the task as I also applied for the Bsci course. As for the interview, I meant an interview, in addition to the portfolio.
(edited 4 years ago)
I received the task as I also applied for the Bsci course. As for the interview, I meant an interview, in addition to the portfolio.

They never detailed the application process for people who applied to two courses.
I guess it's somewhat pointless to do two interviews if your portfolio stays the same. Since both courses are linked to architecture, the questions asked can't really be that different either (work style, buildings you like, why your interested in the course etc).
however, the interviews are usually with teachers in that department, so that might be a reason for meeting one teacher on the BSc course and one on the MEng unless some overlap.
If I were you, I would email the admissions department about it.
Anyone heard anything yet?
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone heard anything yet?

Still not
I applied for KH11 and sent my creative task in mid-Dec. I just got asked to submit a small portfolio of 10 works a week ago. I'm planning on including a short film that I made, as in the email they said films are accepted. I was wondering whether this is a good idea? Since I'm an international student, I was also wondering whether I would also have to attend another interview. Thank you!

I think that is not a bad one,I did not try though, as long as it can show your creative thoughts. An interview will be needed, if you are in their consideration.However,don't be panic,the interview for Meng is not so strict.
Has anyone heard yet????
Hi everyone! I have received an invitation to an interview fairly soon. I need to send them a personal statement form where i need to explain why i've chosen this course and any further things about myself and my ambitions that i couldn't include in my personal statement. I was wondering if anyone could say what they wrote in theirs? I don't know how much to write or what to write about..
I'd also like to know what kind of questions people were asked in an interview? It would be really helpful to prepare!

Have a great day!
Hi everyone! I have received an invitation to an interview fairly soon. I need to send them a personal statement form where i need to explain why i've chosen this course and any further things about myself and my ambitions that i couldn't include in my personal statement. I was wondering if anyone could say what they wrote in theirs? I don't know how much to write or what to write about..
I'd also like to know what kind of questions people were asked in an interview? It would be really helpful to prepare!

Have a great day!

Hi, I had my interview four weeks ago. In ur ps u just need to write what they’ve asked u too, it’s not that deep. This extra ps was what they questioned me from rather than my ucas ps. And the other questions were based on my portfolio so that’ll be tailored to urs I guess.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by UmamiPiñapple
Hi, I had my interview four weeks ago. In ur ps u just need to write what they’ve asked u too, it’s not that deep. This extra ps was what they questioned me from rather than my ucas ps. And the other questions were based on my portfolio so that’ll be tailored to urs I guess.

Have a great day!

Congrats!By the way,did you mentioned both engineering and architectural design in your ucas ps. Cause I mentioned both.I am also wondering how long and where the interview were,and were there many questions based on portfolio,whether those questions are serious and deep. Thank you very much!!!

Have a great day!

Original post by UmamiPiñapple

Original post by Overstreet
Congrats!By the way,did you mentioned both engineering and architectural design in your ucas ps. Cause I mentioned both.I am also wondering how long and where the interview were,and were there many questions based on portfolio,whether those questions are serious and deep. Thank you very much!!!

Congratulations on all your interviews for the MEng course!!! Could I ask, when did you guys apply?
Congratulations on all your interviews for the MEng course!!! Could I ask, when did you guys apply?

So sad to tell you that I've not had one yet......However,it was the end of December.

Just had my interview today. The questions I wouldn't say were very serious and deep, but I did talk loads for this interview lol, they kinda just asked questions to try and see what guides your thinking and what are your opinions in general.

good luck with an interview :smile:
Original post by benchan
Just had my interview today. The questions I wouldn't say were very serious and deep, but I did talk loads for this interview lol, they kinda just asked questions to try and see what guides your thinking and what are your opinions in general.

good luck with an interview :smile:

Wow,good luck for you. Thank you so much!!! Did you hand in a extra PS? If you did ,what was that all about?

i applied in october, as did most other people interviewed when i was. i think they’re grouping the interviews according to when people applied
Wow,good luck for you. Thank you so much!!! Did you hand in a extra PS? If you did ,what was that all about?

yeah I did hand in the extra PS, they only asked me for it a day before the deadline lol. I basically just wrote the things I didn't get the chance to write about in my statement and kind of expanded on what I wrote.

Good luck with yours and thanks :smile:
Hey, just a heads up. My interview has been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak. It seems like they will be conducted via Skype, but I haven't had any further information
hi everyone, i applied in january. my interview will no longer be taking place because of the corona virus. it will be by skype... this will be interesting..:s-smilie:
Original post by Davinarose
Hey, just a heads up. My interview has been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak. It seems like they will be conducted via Skype, but I haven't had any further information

hi everyone, i applied in january. my interview will no longer be taking place because of the corona virus. it will be by skype... this will be interesting..:s-smilie:

good luck guys. :3
It seems like ucl currently don’t work,but I haven't got an interview...........kind of panic....

Latest

Trending

Trending