The Student Room Group

Child of single parent on benefits

If a parent is currently unemployed, on Universal Credit/housing benefit (possibly some others but I don't think on any taxable benefits)

Do I qualify for adults dependent grant and what do I put in the income field
Reply 1
Original post by Fatman203
If a parent is currently unemployed, on Universal Credit/housing benefit (possibly some others but I don't think on any taxable benefits)

I would think you would just qualify for full maintainence grant. It is your parent who fills in financial info.
Reply 2

I think it's unlikely given that Universal Credit is more than the £3796 limit on eligible income, but if they are living with you, it's worth filling out that section of the application for student finance. They will then come back to you to confirm your eligibility. You'll be asked to provide evidence of their income.
Reply 3
Original post by 2500_2
I think it's unlikely given that Universal Credit is more than the £3796 limit on eligible income, but if they are living with you, it's worth filling out that section of the application for student finance. They will then come back to you to confirm your eligibility. You'll be asked to provide evidence of their income.

Is it counted as income if it's non-taxable?
Reply 4
Is it counted as income if it's non-taxable?

For most government things, yes, but there are occasional exceptions. Could be worth contacting student finance to check.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending