The Student Room Group

Student finance help

I originally planned on living at home, but now I'm going to live at university. I'm also going to change university too. I know that I will have to fill in a change of circumstance form.

There's a section I'm confused about, change of address - shall I input my university accomodation here or just leave it and fill out the change of university section.

I don't know the address of my accomodation yet (but the course is guaranteed accomodation) so it would be difficult to fill in that section. I need to hurry as I'm already late for student finance and only 4 weeks left until my course starts, what do you recommend me to do?

Also roughly how long would it take for student finance to process this application and send the student loan in. I have to also submit my household income too that's not done yet.

Should I be really worried at this point, as I have little money to support myself and my parents are not financially able to support me.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by wiseoldlady
I originally planned on living at home, but now I'm going to live at university. I'm also going to change university too. I know that I will have to fill in a change of circumstance form.

There's a section I'm confused about, change of address - shall I input my university accomodation here or just leave it and fill out the change of university section.

I don't know the address of my accomodation yet (but the course is guaranteed accomodation) so it would be difficult to fill in that section. I need to hurry as I'm already late for student finance and only 4 weeks left until my course starts, what do you recommend me to do?

Also roughly how long would it take for student finance to process this application and send the student loan in. I have to also submit my household income too that's not done yet.

Should I be really worried at this point, as I have little money to support myself and my parents are not financially able to support me.

Hi there,

You don't need to complete the whole Change Of Circumstances form. You only complete the parts you want to change. If you are changing from living with parents to living in elsewhere (halls) then you just tick "living elsewhere" on page 6 of the form. If you don't know your term time address yet then you do not need to put any change of address.

The form can take up to 6 weeks to process as a general timescale.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending