The Student Room Group

Need some help with the entry requirements and whether I could meet them.

So, I plan on taking maths and further maths as A-levels but I'm also taking the double BTEC computer science course and when I make looking at entry requirements for universities it always lists 3 A-levels or whenever I look at the double BTEC it shows three D's...

If anyone can help explain that would be great!:smile:
Original post by Liammc29
So, I plan on taking maths and further maths as A-levels but I'm also taking the double BTEC computer science course and when I make looking at entry requirements for universities it always lists 3 A-levels or whenever I look at the double BTEC it shows three D's...

If anyone can help explain that would be great!:smile:

If you took all BTECs, you would need 3 distinctions, like with A levels you would need 3 As etc.

Your university would make an offer based on the subjects you are doing, so you may need to get a distinction in your double award BTEC, and one other a level, or two a levels and the BTEC counts as one. Uni offers are only based on three subjects but say your offer is Distinction in the double BTEC and an A in physics (DDA) and you get the distinction but a B in physics, however you got an A in music, you still reach the DDA requirements and would be allowed in the course. Hope this makes sense
Reply 2
Original post by jduxie4414
If you took all BTECs, you would need 3 distinctions, like with A levels you would need 3 As etc.

Your university would make an offer based on the subjects you are doing, so you may need to get a thanks that helps a lotdistinction in your double award BTEC, and one other a level, or two a levels and the BTEC counts as one. Uni offers are only based on three subjects but say your offer is Distinction in the double BTEC and an A in physics (DDA) and you get the distinction but a B in physics, however you got an A in music, you still reach the DDA requirements and would be allowed in the course. Hope this makes sense

Thanks that helps a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending