The Student Room Group

how to get over someone you never actually got with?

basically what the title says
I keep thinking of what could've been and stuff and its upsetting
any tips :frown:
we spoke everyday for 2 months, even when she was on holiday which may not seem long but I got feelings for her real quick. we instantly connected :frown:
I get what you mean. I’ve had that before too pretty recently actually. What happened? Why did you stop talking after the two months?
I’ve been in the same situation and it hurts. You get to really know this person and share your thoughts and feelings with them and become really close but sometimes things naturally drift apart and there’s nothing you can really do about. However if you really like this person and want to carry on talking to them then you have to put more effort and try and build your relationship again! If it’s not going to happen between you two then just know everything happens for a reason and you find someone even more amazing! Be kind to yourself and surround yourself with friends and family xx ❤️
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been in the same situation and it hurts. You get to really know this person and share your thoughts and feelings with them and become really close but sometimes things naturally drift apart and there’s nothing you can really do about. However if you really like this person and want to carry on talking to them then you have to put more effort and try and build your relationship again! If it’s not going to happen between you two then just know everything happens for a reason and you find someone even more amazing! Be kind to yourself and surround yourself with friends and family xx ❤️

Very good advice!
Reply 4
I get what you mean. I’ve had that before too pretty recently actually. What happened? Why did you stop talking after the two months?

basically because my religion got in the way of us. I'm a girl too (I'm bi) but Muslim and I wasnt sure how it would work out long term so it just feel apart:frown: we're trialing friends atm but its hard
Reply 5

thank you so much x
Imagine for me it was my close friend
i caught feelings and the thing was we were really close like we would hold hands and hug all the time he would kiss me on the cheek and stuff (personally i feel like cos the way he cared for me i caught feelings no one had shown me platonic love like he had) but it was all platonic and nothing more. then he moved abroad. God i cried bareeee. Then i had to hear his stories of him being in relationships with other people and how he was having sex and stuff. Leaving left my heart aching and it was the first person i caught feelings for and actually cared about. We still talk everyday but i think im over him now which im so grateful for. ngl i wanna catch feelings for someone who actually likes me back now cos that must be so beautiful
ik the feeling:
feels like you will never ever in your life get over them
but wait and youll even surpise yourself when you stop think of them
I had a crush on a boy for a year once
I thought it was going good we used to chat and sit together in class but we weren’t together as a couple
One day I decided I should tell him that I liked him
Do I told him that I liked him and if he wanted to go on a date with me
He then told me that he didn’t like me back and didn’t want to go on a date
To get over this I had to remember that there are other people in the world that you will love in the future and that he isn’t going to be the only one
But I found that staying friends with him made it better even though I knew he didn’t like me back it still meant that I didn’t loose a friend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending