The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anonymous

I don't know what I want here really, just maybe advice for how to control yourself when drunk, (

This is very easy.
Don't get drunk!
Reply 21
Always drink a soft drink in between alcoholic ones.
Somebody
Erm, aren't William and Harry your grandchildren? :p:

Same difference. :p:
Reply 23
My philosophy goes some thing along the lines of:
"The amount of resposibility I take for my actions is inversely proportional to the amount of alcohol currently running through my bloodstream"

Or, I take no responsibility for anything I do when I get completely wasted (which I will grant, is rarely).

The problem with alcohol is that it's general effect is to quieten that part of your mind that says "this really isn't a good idea because ...", and as such, it causes you do do many of the things that you often want to, but are always afraid of the consequences.

Do be aware that this is not always a bad thing, but neither is it a good thing when you repeat the experience.

Learn from your mistakes.
Reply 24
heh, count yourself fortunate you stopped at snogging. this girl i know kissed one guy and subsequently slept with two other completely different ones

in the course of a few hours.
Reply 25
Christien
heh, count yourself fortunate you stopped at snogging. this girl i know kissed one guy and subsequently slept with two other completely different ones

in the course of a few hours.

I really hope that's all it was, to be completely honest I was so out of it I may have done other stuff I don't even remember. And I was basically throwing myself at anything with a penis :s-smilie:
Reply 26
Anonymous
I really hope that's all it was, to be completely honest I was so out of it I may have done other stuff I don't even remember. And I was basically throwing myself at anything with a penis :s-smilie:

I think your friends may have informed you if you did to be honest. If they're decent friends at least!
Reply 27
Danielle89
I've found that this is sort of a myth - I was out last night, had a fair amount to drink, though not the most I've ever had, and I was throwing up before the night finished. All that was different was that there was stuff there to throw up instead of just bile.

really? i found it to be absolutely true, without eating anything i can get drunk very quickly indeed. eating something boforehand i can drink perhaps...3 times more for the same affect?

of course the simple colution is to control how much you're drinking in the first place!!! ('control' doesn't necessarily mean drink less though...:wink: )
Reply 28
Somebody
I think your friends may have informed you if you did to be honest. If they're decent friends at least!

Well there was a time when I was left alone with one of the guys I got with, I didn't think it was long but my friend told me today that they went off for about an hour :s-smilie: I don't remember much except getting off with him and err... groping, but I don't trust my memory any more. I don't know him that well but he seemed decent, then again I wouldn't blame him for taking advantage when I basically forced myself on him. I know I wouldn't let myself sleep with anyone but I don't know if anything else beyond kissing happened :redface:
nexttime
really? i found it to be absolutely true, without eating anything i can get drunk very quickly indeed. eating something boforehand i can drink perhaps...3 times more for the same affect?

of course the simple colution is to control how much you're drinking in the first place!!! ('control' doesn't necessarily mean drink less though...:wink: )

well the first time I was really drunk from alcohol, it was in freshers week, I had never really "binged" before, and had about 8 apple VKs after having a large portion of Uncle Bens rice from a bag (eurgh). I distinctly remember this because the sick bowl the next day was filled with rice and smelled of apples... :p: :s-smilie:

Yesterday we had a BBQ and I had about 3 full plates of food - I stayed quite sober for the first few drinks but then I had a couple house doubles (containing 70ml vodka each approx) and was flying, and then I was obviously vomitting lol. Saying that, I seemed to get it out of my system and was quite alright the next morning...
Reply 30
Anonymous
Well there was a time when I was left alone with one of the guys I got with, I didn't think it was long but my friend told me today that they went off for about an hour :s-smilie: I don't remember much except getting off with him and err... groping, but I don't trust my memory any more. I don't know him that well but he seemed decent, then again I wouldn't blame him for taking advantage when I basically forced myself on him. I know I wouldn't let myself sleep with anyone but I don't know if anything else beyond kissing happened :redface:

Well, you could have been kissing for longer than you thought then? :p:
And after a while "switched off" because nothing too new was happening?

Go by the rule "If I don't remember it, and no-one else saw, then it didn't happen!" :wink: :p:
As everyone else has said, don't worry, at least you're not alone! Everybody does it. Best thing to do is probably just apologise and laugh it off - no doubt they'll understand. And if you really don't ever want to get that drunk again, just stop next time you feel yourself getting just-past-tipsy - when you're still in control enough to do so - and drink soft drinks for a bit.
On the last day of school, I was invited out for drinks with lots of people who I'm aquainted with, but not good friends. They go out every week together, and it was the first time I'd been invited.
We went to a club that has a pole.

Let's just say I had one guy from my school tell me he'd seen me in a "whole new unexpected light" and I cringed for about 4 days, while also trying not to giggle at the memories (because in all honesty, I was a natural. Hah. :wink: )

Anyway, it's got to the point now where people say "Are you coming out on Thursday to the Vodka Bar?" and when I say yes there's ALWAYS a comment about how the pole is missing me, or how there'd better be a repeat performance, or some such cringeworthy stuff.
I'm at the point now though where I say "Yep, that gives you something to look forward to" and they laugh with me, not at me.

For the record, in case I sound like a tart, I was NOT stripping or doing anything erotic. I was drunk to the point of dancing in ridiculous ways, and basically claiming everyone's attention by being idiotic and overly energetic, not by actually doing proper pole dancing. Perhaps if I'd been professional the aftermath would have been even worse!
EducatingBrogan
On the last day of school, I was invited out for drinks with lots of people who I'm aquainted with, but not good friends. They go out every week together, and it was the first time I'd been invited.
We went to a club that has a pole.

Let's just say I had one guy from my school tell me he'd seen me in a "whole new unexpected light" and I cringed for about 4 days, while also trying not to giggle at the memories (because in all honesty, I was a natural. Hah. :wink: )

Anyway, it's got to the point now where people say "Are you coming out on Thursday to the Vodka Bar?" and when I say yes there's ALWAYS a comment about how the pole is missing me, or how there'd better be a repeat performance, or some such cringeworthy stuff.
I'm at the point now though where I say "Yep, that gives you something to look forward to" and they laugh with me, not at me.

For the record, in case I sound like a tart, I was NOT stripping or doing anything erotic. I was drunk to the point of dancing in ridiculous ways, and basically claiming everyone's attention by being idiotic and overly energetic, not by actually doing proper pole dancing. Perhaps if I'd been professional the aftermath would have been even worse!

oh dear, the last time i got drunk i did something similar. i went to london and ended up very drunk at a gay club with my friend's girlfriend's housemates, who all thought i was very quiet. lets just say i ended up pole-dancing with patrick wolf, and then danced on a STAGE to a spice girls medley. and then got asked by the bouncer if i was "all right" because i climbed over a table to get to the bar faster. eeep. so not only did i make a fool of myself in front of complete strangers and my friend's girlfriend who i wanted to make a good impression on, i also behaved embarrassingly in front of a celebrity whom i totally admire. now THAT is drunk.
I don't think you've got too much to worry about really. I think everyones been in these sorts of situations at least once or twice. As long as you don't make a regular habit of getting rediculously plastered and embarrassing yourself then I don't think there really is a problem.

Okay, you may have made a little bit of a fool of yourself or whatever, but people forget about these things in time. I'm sure in a few weeks everyone will have forgotten that the whole escapade happened.

If its any reassurance, I got awfully drunk two years ago. After seeing one of my best mates getting off with the guy that I really liked, I ended up going mad and punched her in the face.
I've never forgiven myself for that, I barely even remember the events of the night but that was totally out of character for me.
The whole thing was a nightmare and I literally had humiliated myself. I spent the next 3 weeks in total shame but it wasnt long before it was done, dusted and in the past.

As for you not being sure about what you did with this guy. I'm sure you didn't go further than you would probably have been comfortable with in the first place.
Reply 35
Somebody
Well, you could have been kissing for longer than you thought then? :p:
And after a while "switched off" because nothing too new was happening?

Go by the rule "If I don't remember it, and no-one else saw, then it didn't happen!" :wink: :p:

I'm liking that rule! OK fine, I'm going to stop thinking about it, I've decided. Just try not to have a repeat episode next weekend :p:

And I definitely say not eating before makes a huge difference... I swear I drank the same amount a couple of weeks ago after a meal out and was just borderline drunk, but this was full on wasted. Your stomach needs lining before you drown it in vodka!
Reply 36
aww hun don't worry about it :hugs: we all do stupid things when drunk - at least your drunkeness can be your excuse for this behaviour :smile:

I remember when i first started drinking, i had no control over what i said, I'd say crap to everyone and just do stupid ****. Now after 2years of regular drinking i have a lot more control. It just comes with time.
Reply 37
Danielle89
well the first time I was really drunk from alcohol, it was in freshers week, I had never really "binged" before, and had about 8 apple VKs after having a large portion of Uncle Bens rice from a bag (eurgh). I distinctly remember this because the sick bowl the next day was filled with rice and smelled of apples... :p: :s-smilie:

Yesterday we had a BBQ and I had about 3 full plates of food - I stayed quite sober for the first few drinks but then I had a couple house doubles (containing 70ml vodka each approx) and was flying, and then I was obviously vomitting lol. Saying that, I seemed to get it out of my system and was quite alright the next morning...

hmmm...maybe its the timing of when you eat it then? like it needs a little time between eating and drinking for it to have an affect?

i'm pretty sure most people find it to be true
Anonymous

I don't know what I want here really, just maybe advice for how to control yourself when drunk, or what I should do when I see these guys again (pretend it never happened? apologise?) Help :frown:

You're missing the most obvious solution - don't ask how to control yourself when drunk; just don't get that drunk! :wink:

As for how you act: if it were me, I think I'd probably apologise for acting that way, and then let it drop... I mean don't make a big thing of it - just say sorry and then forget about it. But I do think that apologising sort of enables you to draw a line under this sort of thing in a much more definitive manner than just pretending it didn't happen. :smile:
Aw don't worry just laught it off andforget about it. Everyone acts different when they're drunk. A couple of weeks ago my straight female friend hit on another girl. Everyone makes mistakes so learn from it and move on. You just need to know how many drinks it takes for you to become that so so that, in the future, you avoid that very number.

Latest

Trending

Trending