The Student Room Group

I hate being kind! How to become cold?

I give everything to people, only to be left alone
Nothing wrong with being kind. Maybe you should protect yourself better. Perhaps you get too attached to people too soon and give too much to people who aren't your friends. But idk it's difficult to know without context.
Reply 2
Original post by nanachan123

It's impossible to 'become cold'. However, if properly executed, becoming a less agreeable person will go a long way for someone 'too kind'.

I used to ask myself the same question all the time. After trying to come up with a realistic solution I realised that there is only one answer and it's painfully obvious. It's to be your normal, kind self to those who deserve it and to become a less agreeable person around the exploiters of your goodwill. It's important to realise this will take a lot of resolve at first but after a while, the wrongdoers will have a newfound respect for you and won't try to take advantage of you.

I think this is especially important advice in a workplace/learning environment.
(edited 4 years ago)
You don't need to completely flip your personality. You can still be kind without being a pushover or allowing yourself to be taken advantage of.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Being kind is very good. You should not be cold.
Are you boy or girl? How old are you?
Original post by nanachan123

1)Make your decision and stick to it. When you choose to become cold hearted toward someone, you must remain firm in your decision to do so.

2)Cut off contact as much as you can.

3)Keep any communication as short as possible.

4)Don't reveal what you're thinking or feeling.

5)Refuse to reminisce or wallow in sentimentality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending