The Student Room Group

Helix piercing

I got my helix pierced 3 days ago, yesterday it became really swollen and red and it has not yet gone down. It hurts a bit and throbs on and off, any advice to reduce the swelling/pain? And also, is this normal or should I be worried?
Reply 1
i advice you immediately see a doctor and seek for medical help
Do salt soaks 2x a day. My helix piercing got infected after a year and I did this and the infection went away and I put some fucidin on it as well. Just do salt soaks for 2/3 days and see if it improves. Just remember it will hurt for a couple of days after but it shouldn’t be oozing or anything - then it’s infected.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by powerpuff674
Do salt soaks 2x a day. My helix piercing got infected after a year and I did this and the infection went away and I put some fucidin on it as well. Just do salt soaks for 2/3 days and see if it improves. Just remember it will hurt for a couple of days after but it shouldn’t be oozing or anything - then it’s infected.

That’s great thank you!!!!
Not a helix piercing but I had my lobes pierced about 3 months ago now. I had a bunch of problems with mine (same symptoms as yours) for quite a long time, but honestly it's completely normal considering it's only been 3 days. I went to the doctor about mine and he recommended using surgical spirit instead of a salt soak as the salt doesn't actually do much, and that's healed my piercing a treat. Do it twice-three times a day and you should be fine, and if you have long hair try to keep it away from your piercing as it can get tangled and yank it (from a LOT of personal experience). Good luck xx
Original post by you're_swell
Not a helix piercing but I had my lobes pierced about 3 months ago now. I had a bunch of problems with mine (same symptoms as yours) for quite a long time, but honestly it's completely normal considering it's only been 3 days. I went to the doctor about mine and he recommended using surgical spirit instead of a salt soak as the salt doesn't actually do much, and that's healed my piercing a treat. Do it twice-three times a day and you should be fine, and if you have long hair try to keep it away from your piercing as it can get tangled and yank it (from a LOT of personal experience). Good luck xx

Thank you so much!!! Was worrying about my ear falling off tbh ahahah

Quick Reply

Latest