Starting uni tomorrow and feeling so anxious

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thank you…
good luck with ur uni

No problem ☺️ you too!
I was drunk on my first day of uni
Couldn't make friends and don't think i will be able to. Although I tried to overcome my anxiety so many times, I didn't improve at all,
and when i try to make friends, I am just excluded. I can't enjoy anything

Do you mean that you struggled to talk to people? I’m sure if you look around you’ll see other people feeling exactly the same. Don’t be afraid to be honest and say how nervous and anxious you are about meeting new people - the majority of people at university this week feel exactly the same they just deal with it differently to you.

Look for the mature students - they’re often the best people to meet up with
I hope it will be a bad day, not a bad life as all my days are the same

That's kind of up to you. You have agency in your life, you're not just the passive recipient of your experiences. Instead of saying 'I hope it improves', I'll say instead 'I hope that you find a way to feel different or better about your current situation.'
Original post by DrSocSciences
That's kind of up to you. You have agency in your life, you're not just the passive recipient of your experiences. Instead of saying 'I hope it improves', I'll say instead 'I hope that you find a way to feel different or better about your current situation.'

Thanks...
It is always easier to said than done.. what would u do if all of your attempts were useless?
I feel anxious to everything new i face, i really feel so nervous about tomorrow……

Life advise, if ur going to a party, be vigilant as a lot of teenagers love drugs now it will get u messed up. During your first lesson, find a sexy girl and ask her, "do u mind if i sit here" its always yes, then u move on that is what I do always lol. U need to find people to chil with as well.
I feel anxious to everything new i face, i really feel so nervous about tomorrow……

It's perfectly normal to feel anxious/nervous about something new and I can guarantee you're not alone in how you're feeling - all new students are feeling similarly. Pushing through that nervousness every time can lead some great things and experiences. These could be some of the best years of your life, you're going into a new and exciting experience. :biggrin:
Thanks...
It is always easier to said than done.. what would u do if all of your attempts were useless?

It’s happened to me too. I decided that it I was saddened by an outcome not being the one I wanted, then that meant that it really mattered to me. And therefore it was worth persisting. It paid off in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending