The Student Room Group

Why do we see the importance of someone when they are no longer with us?

I lost my Ex Girlfriend and the more I think of her, the more I wish I said but at the same time couldn't because there was nothing to say until the very moment I thought of it.
You know, the whole making her feel special in a whole different way.
Is there any chance you could contact her, to tell her all this? Or is she with someone else?

I lost someone years ago because I didn’t tell them how I felt.

We are back in contact again but just as friends and it is hard to take.

Many people find it hard to express their emotions, but others often like to hear they are wonderful!

Nowadays if I like someone, I will say so and follow it up with why I like them.

This goes for friends and relatives as well.
so that you can learn from it i guess and make sure you don't treat the next girlfriend the same way?
Original post by Oxford Mum
Is there any chance you could contact her, to tell her all this? Or is she with someone else?

I lost someone years ago because I didn’t tell them how I felt.

We are back in contact again but just as friends and it is hard to take.

Many people find it hard to express their emotions, but others often like to hear they are wonderful!

Nowadays if I like someone, I will say so and follow it up with why I like them.

This goes for friends and relatives as well.

How long after did you reinstate contact?
35 years I’m afraid

My timing was rotten as well
The sooner you get back in contact the better and change, or things will remain the same
Original post by goggleyed
so that you can learn from it i guess and make sure you don't treat the next girlfriend the same way?

It's weird because no long after I lost her, I randomly think of different ways of how our relationship could have worked out/continued but that was never the case during a time of when we had spoke.
Original post by Oxford Mum
35 years I’m afraid

My timing was rotten as well

That's lowkey inspiring but so dreading.
35 years after you broke up, you speak to eachother again?
She must have been of college age at the time and now she's a granny almost?
Original post by darkwoodrichsoil
That's lowkey inspiring but so dreading.
35 years after you broke up, you speak to eachother again?
She must have been of college age at the time and now she's a granny almost?

I am female and he's male. We are both 56. I can't tell you the full story as it is very sad. I dreaded contacting him as I was scared he was married. By the time I got round to it, he had just come out of a 30 year old relationship and has got with a new girl recently, whom he likes. How tragic is that :cry2:

I volunteered to stay away from him and let him get on with his life, but he won't let me go. I spoke to him only today.

35 years ago I didn't tell him how I felt as I was too shy. He was too shy as well. My loss and I am kicking myself now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending