Losenzon99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Got AAB (1 Mark off an A in Politics). Applying for International Relations and I’m being predicted an A* for my politics retake. I’m not entirely sure whereabouts yet but I’m thinking KCL (A*AA) Edinburgh (A*AA to ABB) Durham (AAA) Leeds (AAB) Manchester (AAB)
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
are these AS grades? if so you're a competitive applicant for all five choices and you'll almost certainly get offers from leeds and manchester

if they're A level grades, less so but you can probably still get 3/4 offers minimum
Losenzon99
Rep:
?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
are these AS grades? if so you're a competitive applicant for all five choices and you'll almost certainly get offers from leeds and manchester

if they're A level grades, less so but you can probably still get 3/4 offers minimum
A - Level , but like i say I’m retaking politics and I’m predicted an A*. My trouble is I’m not sure whether competitive unis such as KCL, Edin, Durham will see me as an A*AA applicant on paper or an AAB applicant if that makes sense!!
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Losenzon99)
A - Level , but like i say I’m retaking politics and I’m predicted an A*. My trouble is I’m not sure whether competitive unis such as KCL, Edin, Durham will see me as an A*AA applicant on paper or an AAB applicant if that makes sense!!
yeah i understand and having a retake A/A* probably doesn't count for the same as another applicant but you'll definitely get offers and there's no harm in trying
Losenzon99
Rep:
?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
yeah i understand and having a retake A/A* probably doesn't count for the same as another applicant but you'll definitely get offers and there's no harm in trying
Thanks for your response its so helpful, tbh I’m really nervous because Durham, Edin, KCL are the unis I’m really interested in and I don’t feel confident that I’ll get offers from them as they’re so competitive anyway!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (117)
63.59%
No (67)
36.41%

Watched Threads