The Student Room Group

A scenario

I’m trying to plan my future out a little and want to understand how things may work out. Currently, I’m not studying: I completed one year of a degree and decided it wasn’t for me so I dropped out. I’m now just working/looking for full time work so I can find myself financially stable enough to move out. I really would like to move out with my partner at some point, preferable getting a place on a mortgage. Say we pay about £400 for the mortgage monthly, and then up to £200 for extra bills. If and when we do this what happens If say three years down the line I decide on going to uni? He works full time, and I don’t think he is ever going to consider studying, so the income over all for my household in this situation would come from him and whatever I will be able to work myself whilst studying. Is it doable to go to uni whilst paying a mortgage? Will I get a suitable Loan?
Original post by Hannah_macck
I’m trying to plan my future out a little and want to understand how things may work out. Currently, I’m not studying: I completed one year of a degree and decided it wasn’t for me so I dropped out. I’m now just working/looking for full time work so I can find myself financially stable enough to move out. I really would like to move out with my partner at some point, preferable getting a place on a mortgage. Say we pay about £400 for the mortgage monthly, and then up to £200 for extra bills. If and when we do this what happens If say three years down the line I decide on going to uni? He works full time, and I don’t think he is ever going to consider studying, so the income over all for my household in this situation would come from him and whatever I will be able to work myself whilst studying. Is it doable to go to uni whilst paying a mortgage? Will I get a suitable Loan?

Hello Hannah,

If you’ll be under the age of 25 before the first day of the academic year, you’ll be classed as dependent, as such we’ll require your parents to support your application, this means they will need provide their financial details for the requested tax year.
You could however apply as Independent based on Self Support 👉 http://ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5

If you’ll be 25 or over on the 1st day of the academic year, we would require the income from your cohabiting partner.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending