The Student Room Group

My teeth feel like they are moving, very very slightly

Scroll to see replies

I think I'm having the same problem. If been getting pain where my wisdom tooth is so I think it's growing and my molar next to it has started to wobble slightly. I cannot see the wisdom tooth yet but hope it is all okay.
Steady pressure will cause teeth to move. This is the basis for orthodontia. Many of us have had our teeth 'fixed'. Orthodontists won't work on young children, because their heads are still growing. As a result, teeth won't stay where you put them. [My orthodontist told me this]. You have to wait until they are nearly adults before you can get the teeth to stay in alignment. If you watch a musical show [Like Les Miserables], you may notice that the child singers typically have crooked teeth, whilst the adults have nearly perfect teeth. That's because the children are too young to work on yet. Cheers.
keep your tongue on the roof of your mouth
Original post by Lauren290498
I think I'm having the same problem. If been getting pain where my wisdom tooth is so I think it's growing and my molar next to it has started to wobble slightly. I cannot see the wisdom tooth yet but hope it is all okay.

You had better get your dentist to x-ray your jaw, to see if the wisdom teeth are growing in correctly. As our jaws have shortened, due to not eating a raw meat diet, we often don't have room for the extra teeth (4 of them), and they have to be removed surgically. This procedure is NOT fun [i have had it done], but it's considerably LESS fun, if you wait until things are really 'jammed up' and it requires extensive surgery to get the extra teeth out. Best of luck!!!
Reply 24
hello :frown: i'm currently suffering from this and i'm having anxiety attacks. tell me what happened with you. is it still there, plz this will help me rest at night.went to the dentist today and he ****ing touched it with his finger and tried to move it and pushed it around. i feel that it's moving even more than yesterday and now i'm just like crying and all. *sigh*
Original post by blagh_
hello :frown: i'm currently suffering from this and i'm having anxiety attacks. tell me what happened with you. is it still there, plz this will help me rest at night.went to the dentist today and he ****ing touched it with his finger and tried to move it and pushed it around. i feel that it's moving even more than yesterday and now i'm just like crying and all. *sigh*

What did your dentist say? Wisdom teeth move slightly, mine did but they OK at mo. Try not to worry.
So OP is the reason I couldn't have the name I wanted huh? :teeth:
Reply 27
no I don't, but what happened is that I bit on my pin because my wisdom teeth got infected? "i'm not fluent in english" and then my cheek swell from the inside.
so I bit one of my pins and after that I realized that I traumatized my teeth <the three ones on the right side in the inside.

and my teeth were slightly moving. like a tinyyyyy bit, I wasn't that worried because I was welling to wate for 2 weeks and see if they tightened up or not.
bit I went to the dentist today and told him about what happened so he moved one of my booths and now I feel my tooth this one tooth is moving more and it's making me worried even when I swallow my saliva I can feel this one tooth. and I had a breakdown like an hour ago.. the appointment was 8 hours ago but I didn't realize it was moving more until I went to my room to study. etc .
I talked to myself by writing a big a4 page and making plans and writing "ily" to make me feel better. and I kinda texted the hospital on twitter, I got angry and lashed at the doctor... but I will talk to him later or any other doc to help me out. and not ****ing touch it or remove it. :smile:
I heard of a operation were they attach one loose tooth to another good tooth. i'm gonna ask about that as a plan B.
hope that it tightens up. i will wait for 2 weeks and see
Reply 28
Original post by Aura Todd
What did your dentist say? Wisdom teeth move slightly, mine did but they OK at mo. Try not to worry.

my problem wasn't with the wisdom tooth, it's with the second motor.
he said that it wasn't moving. but I can feel the roots I swear.
because yesterday it wasn't moving a lot until he touched it with his hand and moved it aggressively, now i feel it moving even more by just talking or swallowing my saliva.
I hope it gets better very soon, I will give it 2 weeks.
I will do my best to wash twice with mouth wash, not eat citrus food or eat sugars. I will eat salmon and healthy stuff to make it stronger. and let's see where this goes.
and hopefully I will contact more than one doctor looking for solution.
I don't wanna loose a healthy tooth :frown:(
Original post by blagh_
my problem wasn't with the wisdom tooth, it's with the second motor.
he said that it wasn't moving. but I can feel the roots I swear.
because yesterday it wasn't moving a lot until he touched it with his hand and moved it aggressively, now i feel it moving even more by just talking or swallowing my saliva.
I hope it gets better very soon, I will give it 2 weeks.
I will do my best to wash twice with mouth wash, not eat citrus food or eat sugars. I will eat salmon and healthy stuff to make it stronger. and let's see where this goes.
and hopefully I will contact more than one doctor looking for solution.
I don't wanna loose a healthy tooth :frown:(

Do u use Corsadyle?
Reply 30
idk but what I know that it's a mouth wash that contains chlorhixidine. I googled Corsadyle mouth wash and found that it also has that.
doctor told me to use it for 10 days
Are u in the UK 🇬🇧?
It's obvious that teeth must be able to move - otherwise orthodontics couldn't work. I had teeth that were quite misaligned when i was young. Orthodontic practicioners won't work on kids, because they are still growing, and their teeth won't stay still [my orthodontist told me this]. He said that i was just barely old enough that it was worth 'doing' my teeth - because they would probably stay where he put them. This was years ago, before 'glue on' posts became popular. I had the full bands - all around each tooth. They were made to fit each tooth ahead of time, and then 'installed' a few at a time. After they were all in place, stiff wires were placed through each set of posts on each band, and much smaller wires used to attach the bands around the teeth to the stiff wires. This constant force would, over time, cause the teeth to move. What you are noticing is the 'play' that develops when you put a strain on teeth over time. I suspect you are gritting your teeth (perhaps whilst asleep), or while you study. I would recommend watching out for this, and when you catch yourself doing it - stop! Rubber 'bite rings' are sold for people who grind their teeth together when they sleep. I've been told that this can lead to tooth loss if it is done long term. The teeth get looser and looser, and then out they come - if you don't stop. Cheers.
Reply 33
Hello,I have been to the dentist and they did a full exam, xrays came out good, my gums are good. But I've been having two front teeth move. I move it with my tongue, they're not wobbly, I just feel them move. I have had ppl check them to see if they feel it and they say that they don't feel it moving. I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. So idk if that's one of the symptoms. Can anyone help me if they went through this before? I have had friends say this has happened to them. But I'm freaking out because it's been a month and it doesn't go away.
Original post by saoirse
if I push them with my tongue. This has happened me once before and then went away...its very odd! :s-smilie: Not in any way loose its almost an imperceptible movement...

Dentist in three weeks anyway! (lets hope teeth are still in place:s-smilie: )

Has anyone ever had this?

Of course we have. Everyones teeth move a little bit - if they didn't - orthodonture wouldn't work. You can move teeth amazing amounts with braces. I wore them for years. The old fashoned kind with the bands around each tooth. They REALLY hurt when you had them tightened. Then, eating ice-cream or drinking coffee was torture - you could hear your head creak with the temperature stress. Happy dental work!!
not the teeth are flexible, but the sharpeye's fibers between your teeth and your jawbone.
in general: material can't be flexible and hard at the same time, it is either hard and brittle, soft and tough, or something inbetween.
the clicking sensation between your teeth is a vacuum, caused by liquids between your teeth and your gums / ligament and it could be a sign of teeth grinding.
ask your dentist if he can detect any signs of teeth grinding (bitemarks on the cheeks, worn down teeth etc.).
teeth grinding aka bruxism can mess up your teeth and your periodontal ligament and shouldn't be left untreated.
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi there. I’m going thru the exact same thing at the moment. Everything you said is what’s happening to me. I’m getting pain also. My dentist says the tooth is solid but I hear it click and move. Going to an orthodontist as I can’t take anymore.
Original post by Cgaby90
Hello,I have been to the dentist and they did a full exam, xrays came out good, my gums are good. But I've been having two front teeth move. I move it with my tongue, they're not wobbly, I just feel them move. I have had ppl check them to see if they feel it and they say that they don't feel it moving. I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. So idk if that's one of the symptoms. Can anyone help me if they went through this before? I have had friends say this has happened to them. But I'm freaking out because it's been a month and it doesn't go away.

if you have anxiety attacks it is very likely that you are grinding your teeth at night due to the stress you have during the day.
teeth grinding is a very common cause for loose teeth, let your dentist check your teeth (cracks and and abrasion)and cheeks (scars on the inner side) for signs of bruxism.
if you have bruxism there are several different ways to reduce or treat it entirely.

- get a night guard (get a hard, custom one, the boil & bite nigtguards are too soft and "chewy", they may make things even worse, also let him check out if your teeth are aligned, an overbite / underbite can cause bruxism too).

- try to work on your anxiety attacks.

-avoid doing stressful things at least 1 hour before bed time, meditate, listen to calming music, try to "shut down".

- botox injections in the masseter muscle (this partially paralyzes your jaw muscle, it helped me a lot but you need to consult an expert for this treatment, repeat it every 6 months and health insurance doesn't cover it).
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Fanno1985
Hi there. I’m going thru the exact same thing at the moment. Everything you said is what’s happening to me. I’m getting pain also. My dentist says the tooth is solid but I hear it click and move. Going to an orthodontist as I can’t take anymore.

let your dentist check your gum pocket depth (periodontitis) and also let her / him check your teeth for signs of bruxism, it is the main cause for your symptoms, especially when you have pain.
Original post by saoirse
if I push them with my tongue. This has happened me once before and then went away...its very odd! :s-smilie: Not in any way loose its almost an imperceptible movement...

Dentist in three weeks anyway! (lets hope teeth are still in place:s-smilie: )

Has anyone ever had this?

you have to wait 3 weeks for a dentist appointment??????!??!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!??!?!??!

ps. you may have marginal periodontitis and this is an indication for extraction!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending