The Student Room Group

What do you think is a long distance relationship, could it work?

Met this girl, we both really like each other but she lives abouit 40 miles away, none of us drive and to get to my house its a 20 minute bus ride to town, 20 minute walk to train station, 40 minutes on one train, 40 minutes on another then about another 40 minutes to hers.

Not long distance in the general sense but just a lot to travel and very expensive.

Plus she works full time 7am to 6pm 5 days a week and only gets Sundays and Mondays off so hard to see her and means she cant stay over.

Could it work?
Reply 1
If you like each other enough it could work. Mighty tricky though.
Any relationship can work if you put the time in.

My previous partner lived in Northern Ireland; I live(d) in Rutland. We mae it work for years - However, it did fall apart because he moved here, and missed his family far too much.
You could make it work, it's just a case of if you want to. If you do want to, there's nothing stopping you. People have survived in much worse relationships (e.g. other side of the world)
Reply 4
Ryouga
Met this girl, we both really like each other but she lives abouit 40 miles away, none of us drive and to get to my house its a 20 minute bus ride to town, 20 minute walk to train station, 40 minutes on one train, 40 minutes on another then about another 40 minutes to hers.

Not long distance in the general sense but just a lot to travel and very expensive.

Plus she works full time 7am to 6pm 5 days a week and only gets Sundays and Mondays off so hard to see her and means she cant stay over.

Could it work?

A fifty hour week? Well, if you need the money I suppose.

Marcus
Reply 5
marcusfox
A fifty hour week? Well, if you need the money I suppose.

Marcus

She has a mortgage lol. She does say some days she comes home an hour or two early due to lack of customers so I doubt she gets paid for them.

Latest

Trending

Trending