I can't help but procrastinate, am I just lazy? Watch

Random1318
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So it's reading week and I have a 2000 word research paper summative to complete, due in 6 days, but even though I have started it I just can't focus. I feel as if I only kick into gear when I have the pressure of the deadline looming over me, as in the last 2 days.

I have 6 days left and it's as if my subconscious is telling me "It's fine, you have plenty of time to do that boring task, let's do something immediately fulfilling!". I set up at my desk today to get some more done, but I just couldn't be bothered to focus and was drifting into other things and ended up giving up. It makes me feel extremely guilty, and I know that I would feel good if I could at least get just a few hundred words down, but I just can't do it...I need pressure and it isn't there yet.

Am I just a lazy individual or is this understandable?
olivia_pat
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Certainly, you are not alone.
Just a small trick: break it down. Set a timer for 10 minutes and promise yourself a self nurturing reward at the end of it. So 10 minutes for the task, 10 minutes of fun. Wash, rinse and repeat until the task is over.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (83)
18.65%
Labour (185)
41.57%
Liberal Democrats (91)
20.45%
Green Party (33)
7.42%
Brexit Party (15)
3.37%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.35%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.12%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)