The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

loadmalz
How old are you? If you're still in uni then what's the point in suicide? Only losers give up, and you're anything but. So you've broke up, it's not the end of the world. Most relationships come and go when you're below the age of like 22?

Just please, do yourself a favour and stop talking so pathetically about the most cowardice way to leave this world; you're just going through a rough patch. Everyone does, I just think you need to realise that.

Watch your words.
Reply 41
loadmalz
How old are you? If you're still in uni then what's the point in suicide? Only losers give up, and you're anything but. So you've broke up, it's not the end of the world. Most relationships come and go when you're below the age of like 22?

Just please, do yourself a favour and stop talking so pathetically about the most cowardice way to leave this world; you're just going through a rough patch. Everyone does, I just think you need to realise that.

lease :frown: please im not a loser ..
im just heartbroken ok.. plese
Reply 42
Anonymous
lease :frown: please im not a loser ..
im just heartbroken ok.. plese

Yes, I know. I'm not saying you're one.

Only your friends can comfort you, I'm not your friend. I'm just someone that's talking to you via a student forum. Only thing I can do is analyse the situation from a very neutral perspective.

As long as you keep trying, you've got everything to live for. You're just in the heat of the moment right now.
Reply 43
If he lives in another country and you're in England why would you have to see him again?
You only have to see him if you go to visit the particular part of the country he lives at.
Don't think about suicide! I know this sounds harsh but its the cowards way out and such a stupid thing to do, you have to think about your friends and family.
They'll feel a whole lot worse than you do at this moment if you do go through with it.
Also someone else said something about making sure that the person who told you this was actually 110% honest.
They may just be trying to stir up trouble.
Reply 44
xDestinyx
If he lives in another country and you're in England why would you have to see him again?
You only have to see him if you go to visit the particular part of the country he lives at.
Don't think about suicide! I know this sounds harsh but its the cowards way out and such a stupid thing to do, you have to think about your friends and family.
They'll feel a whole lot worse than you do at this moment if you do go through with it.
Also someone else said something about making sure that the person who told you this was actually 110% honest.
They may just be trying to stir up trouble.

i always go back because its.. half my home country.. in a way. im only in the UK temporarily..
nevermind thanks for posting anyway

ill have to think about my decision today.
Reply 45
Anonymous

ill have to think about my decision today.

As I said, it may be that this person who told you is not telling the truth. Wait until you speak to your bf before you do ANYTHING.
Reply 46
Charlski
As I said, it may be that this person who told you is not telling the truth. Wait until you speak to your bf before you do ANYTHING.

..no..i found out from my 'boyfriend'.. he just didnt tell me directly on the phone (the closest we have at face-to-face) ... he let it be known through facebook. how lame, how sad is that. i find out my 5 year relationship is over, through friggin facebook. of all things.
Reply 47
Anonymous
..no..i found out from my 'boyfriend'.. he just didnt tell me directly on the phone (the closest we have at face-to-face) ... he let it be known through facebook. how lame, how sad is that. i find out my 5 year relationship is over, through friggin facebook. of all things.

Ok, well just how on facebook? Has the relationship thing just been cancelled or what?
Reply 48
Charlski
Ok, well just how on facebook? Has the relationship thing just been cancelled or what?

yeah. its lame.
when i saw the relationship thing change i rang him up. no answer, nothing.
today, its still the same. it is over. its so stupidto think i found out from something like fbook, most people wouldnt take it seriously either.
but 5 years and then dumping your gf by letting her know through facebook and then not contacting her or ignoring all her calls is pretty sickening.
i given up calling him now. all i know is the realtionship is over.
i dont know why.
******* life.
sorry im such a misery
thanku for talking to me
Reply 49
I wish I could tell you that it is going to get better really quickly and that everything is going to be fine tommorrow. However that is unlikely to be the case. Having your heartbroken hurts and it is a real physical pain and sense of mourning. However while it might not get better soon it will get better eventually. You will be able to move past this relationship and find someone new who genuinely deserves you. Last summer my relationship with my partner of four and a half years came to an end and I really didn't know how I was going to cope, but with the support of my friends and my family I got through it and you will too you just need to hold on.

I think that the most important thing that you can do right now is to go and find someone to talk to, talk, cry scream do what you need to do to let out the way that you are feeling. If you feel that you are able to, tell them how you are feeling and what you are considering doing as they will then be best able to support you. While the pain won't go immediately over time it will begin to dull and you will get through this. Loosing a relationship is almost like having someone you care about die in the sense that it is a great loss and you need to spend time mourning it.

Hopefully things will start to get easier soon but you should really go and talk to someone face to face and not be alone right now.
Reply 50
Anonymous
yeah. its lame.
today, its still the same. it is over. its so stupidto think i found out from something like fbook, most people wouldnt take it seriously either.
but 5 years and then dumping your gf by letting her know through facebook and then not contacting her or ignoring all her calls is pretty sickening.
i dont know why.
******* life.
sorry im such a misery
thanku for talking to me

It's ok. I just don't want you to make a huge, huge mistake with this. You may not feel it right now, but your life really is worth living.

I still think there's a huge capacity for misunderstandings here, I know it seems unlikely, but it's possible.

Remember we're here for you if you need us.
Anonymous
yeah. its lame.
i dont know why.
******* life.
sorry im such a misery
thanku for talking to me
Hang on, you're taking this as gospel because you saw it on facebook?!?

I think you definitely need to talk to him before making any decision.

And again even if it is the truth, this guy obviously couldn't give a dam about you, why waste your life on him
Reply 52
It may even be possible that one of his 'friends' had found out his password and messed about, thinking it would be funny.
However, if it wasn't that and it was him and he was being serious - what a coward. I can safely say on behalf of most guys that anybody who does something like that after 5 years is nothing more than a coward.

Before seriously considering ending your life, just think about how devestated you feel at the minute, and then think how devestated your parents and family who have loved you for the last 21 years will feel if you did.

There's a lot of people that can help, please remember that...
Reply 53
loadmalz

:yy:
Suicide isn't the answer...think of you family and friends...think of how much you are hurting right now and you will hurt them 100 times more by committing suicide.

I got dumped after 4 years of a relationship....I never felt like this though...I wanted to kill him not myself.

Leave it for a while....don't start being a stalker because obviously he doesn't want to talk right now. Give him space, maybe even talk to his parents to get an explanation but at least wait until things have settled. You weren't meant to be, so just be thankful you weren't already married.
Reply 55
crazyhelicopter
Hang on, you're taking this as gospel because you saw it on facebook?!?

I think you definitely need to talk to him before making any decision.

And again even if it is the truth, this guy obviously couldn't give a dam about you, why waste your life on him

its so easy to say that... i saw it on facebook and called him. he didnt pickup. didnt txt or reply to me. its definitely a breakup..trust me.
im just sickened that he let me find out through a frikin website instead of telling me like ideserved.
ugh nvm..
Anonymous
its so easy to say that... i saw it on facebook and called him. he didnt pickup. didnt txt or reply to me. its definitely a breakup..trust me.
im just sickened that he let me find out through a frikin website instead of telling me like ideserved.
ugh nvm..

No, not nvm. You need to confront why you feel this way and how you can change it. :smile: Feel happy that he didn't just string you along and that this didn't happen 20 years later with 3 kids.
Honey, he's the one that deserves your anger - don't put it all back on yourself. Get yourself surrounded by friends, family, whoever you need to get you through this right now.

You did deserve to be told face to face - do you really want to end your life for such a coward?

I'm a firm believer in the idea that everything happens for a reason (be it fate, religious intervention, whatever) and I especially believe this in regard to relationships - you will come out of this a stronger person, I promise. It's going to take time and a lot of denial, anger, comfort, the whole works, to get there, but there's someone waiting for you on the other side of the healing process, and that's yourself.

Please don't do anything that will stop that becoming a reality :hugs:

New lover. Nothing that abrupt is for any other reason.

Even if he had a sudden pang of his outlook in life, thus wanting to get rid of everything he has ans starting afresh, he would have wrapped things up.

But a new lover is more likely to persuade him to forget about the old and stuff. Happens to guys all the time.
Reply 59
omg please dont kill yourself dear thats not going to help in anyway get someone how you know well and just have a sit down and talk to them. I know that it must feel horrible but taking your life wont get you anywhere just calm down and relax maybe some retail therapy may help

Latest

Trending

Trending