The Student Room Group

Sf earlier

so I'm aware that I only got my first payment last month however I have had a lot of unexpected costs and now have nothing to my name I am a single mother to a 2 year old and have no financial help from anyone else does anyone know if student finance will help me and maybe give me an advance on my January payment
Original post by Jashag
so I'm aware that I only got my first payment last month however I have had a lot of unexpected costs and now have nothing to my name I am a single mother to a 2 year old and have no financial help from anyone else does anyone know if student finance will help me and maybe give me an advance on my January payment

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you are having financial difficulties, unfortunately I don't believe student finance can give you any advance on these loans.

If you are having difficulty financially the university may be able to offer some funding for these costs. Liverpool Hope offer a hardship fund for students in situations like yourself so I am sure your university will offer the same. Be aware you will most likely have to provide copies of bank statements as proof.

I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

Patrick :lep:
Reply 2
Hi thanks for your reply
Unfortunately my university don't have the hardship funding, do you think I could ask for my parenting grant as a lump sum?
Original post by Jashag
Hi thanks for your reply
Unfortunately my university don't have the hardship funding, do you think I could ask for my parenting grant as a lump sum?

Hello,

That is unfortunate, you could speak to your student support team and see if there is anything they would suggest as I would not be sure of other forms of support personally.

Having previously worked for student finance I don't believe an advance or lump sum is possible really. That said it has been some time since working for themselves as an adviser, it is worth giving them a ring just to check and won't hurt anything by doing so. Like I say although check I'd not necessarily get your hopes up just in case.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
Original post by Jashag

Hello,

It's good advice to have checked with your university first but since they can't help you're able to apply to us as being in financial hardship. We will then consider moving some payments forward.

You must prove your financial situation by sending in a form and photocopies of evidence such as:

- 3 months bank statements from all accounts you hold (need to show all transactions).
- Evidence of any obligations that you pay (tenancy agreement, utility bills etc).
- Copies of any debt/arrears letter you may have.

If you'd like to apply for this, please send us a private or direct message through one of our social media channels listed below and we'll send you a form:

Facebook - http://ow.ly/aNqB30mppdj
Twitter - http://ow.ly/gkb230mppb0

Warm Regards, Dean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending