The Student Room Group

How to hit 150g protein with £23 per week on food

Scroll to see replies

Original post by davesantana
ill search for them now

Hmm, that's very cheap, but it's a brand I've never heard of which makes me wary. There's also soy protein in the ingredients, so given the price you can guarantee it's second rate.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Hmm, that's very cheap, but it's a brand I've never heard of which makes me wary. There's also soy protein in the ingredients, so given the price you can guarantee it's second rate.

Aw. So not worth buying?
eat some beans they're like 30p a can
Original post by SuperHuman98
Breakfast:
Omelette + slices of chicken.
+ a protein shake (2 scoops).
+milk.

Peanut butter and toast (2 toast and 40g peanut butter) is a personal favourite of mine for calories and macros

So you would be around 70g after that.

How much do you weigh btw? 0.7-1g of protein per lb of bodyweight is what I aim for. (To gain muscle and strength)

Is an omlete enough for breakfast.
Is an omlete enough for breakfast.

Depends on your goals. How many calories are you aiming for? And if you want to eat more for lunch/dinner

For me breakfast is my biggest meal, because it’s breakfast when you are most hungry and I workout during or just before lunch.

This is what I ate this morning, would have had an omelette but I’m taking a break from eggs

100g of Weetabix Minis
300ml of milk (green label)
2 scoops of whey protein
200ml of milk
2 slices of bread
40g of smooth peanut butter

Total calories = 1245

For me Weetabix minis are a great pre workout meal

Breakfast is the easiest to prepare for me so I like eating a lot and getting a lot of protein in the morning less chance i screw up later. It’s all personal preference
Original post by SuperHuman98
Depends on your goals. How many calories are you aiming for? And if you want to eat more for lunch/dinner

For me breakfast is my biggest meal, because it’s breakfast when you are most hungry and I workout during or just before lunch.

This is what I ate this morning, would have had an omelette but I’m taking a break from eggs

100g of Weetabix Minis
300ml of milk (green label)
2 scoops of whey protein
200ml of milk
2 slices of bread
40g of smooth peanut butter

Total calories = 1245

For me Weetabix minis are a great pre workout meal

Breakfast is the easiest to prepare for me so I like eating a lot and getting a lot of protein in the morning less chance i screw up later. It’s all personal preference

2.6k-2.8k

I dont count. I estimate. So like 5 eggs for breakfast glass milk. Then salami sandwich during college. Pasta for lunch. Then another bowl. Glass of milk or protein shake then beans or cereal. Or like 3 more eggs

I wake up 2 late so i barely eat anything. I depend on double meals at lunch since i eat little during mornings
Aw. So not worth buying?

Probably not.

Quick Reply

Latest