The Student Room Group

ATAS is stressing me out

I honestly think there's high possibility for me not getting into uni because of it.

The ATAS states that I need two referees that has known me for at least three years and one of them should be academic and from my origin country.

The last time I studied back in my country was 5 years ago and I have been transferring schools on average once in two years back then.
And it hasn't been changed since I came to UK, meaning I have none who are academically related and has known me for three years. Nearly all the conversation I had with the teachers were saying good morning/afternoon etc.

This is really stressing me out right now. I got my offer, got my grades, and is having a great time with gap year. I don't want all the process I've went through to be nothing simply because of not having two referees.
Original post by danaleee
I honestly think there's high possibility for me not getting into uni because of it.

The ATAS states that I need two referees that has known me for at least three years and one of them should be academic and from my origin country.

The last time I studied back in my country was 5 years ago and I have been transferring schools on average once in two years back then.
And it hasn't been changed since I came to UK, meaning I have none who are academically related and has known me for three years. Nearly all the conversation I had with the teachers were saying good morning/afternoon etc.

This is really stressing me out right now. I got my offer, got my grades, and is having a great time with gap year. I don't want all the process I've went through to be nothing simply because of not having two referees.

“Please provide details for 2 referees you have ideally known for over 3 years, one of whom should be an academic referee from your undergraduate studies.”

Source: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/academic-technology-approval-scheme#what-you-need-to-apply

So if your academic history shows you’ve never been at one place of study for more than 2yrs, they’ll presumably take that into account.

You could also ask for guidance from the place you will be studying at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending