The Student Room Group

UCAS requests me to send original certificates

Hi alj
I am wondering if anyone has ever been asked to send in original certificates to UCAS. They have also asked me to send in my reference on headed paper of their company. I have applied two years ago to study music but now I want to study pharmaceutical science. i have extensive experience related to bot subjects. Could this have triggered some misunderstanding? UCAS merged my previous application with the new one as well. Has this ever happened to anyone?
Original post by SincereStudent
Hi alj
I am wondering if anyone has ever been asked to send in original certificates to UCAS. They have also asked me to send in my reference on headed paper of their company. I have applied two years ago to study music but now I want to study pharmaceutical science. i have extensive experience related to bot subjects. Could this have triggered some misunderstanding? UCAS merged my previous application with the new one as well. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Are you applying for undergrad degrees or postgraduate?

Are you sure that the request is from ucas and not a university?
I am applying for an undergraduate course.

I called UCAS and managed to speak to the verification officer dealing with my application. The university already requested my certificates which I provided however because some of my qualifications did not already appear on UCAS I chose the nearest details which has caused a discrepancy.

Thank you for your help. It prompted me to call UCAS. ...it's actually not their common practice to let applicants speak to the verification officers.
This will be because they have some suspicion about your application - this may be simply because something within your original application does not agree with the current one. Just provide whatever they have requested. If you know you have lied about something on your application then now is the time to admit it,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending