The Student Room Group

Applying to uni from uni.

I am currently doing foundation entry mechanical engineering at MMU, however I am finding it extremely boring and have realised that this course/career choice is not for me and have instead decided to study something that is of genuine interest to me rather than a course purely for the sake of employ-ability. I have just finished another UCAS application to do Philosophy (starting first year) at Uni of Lancaster, Liverpool, UCLAN and Sheffield.

It says on the last page 'It is also important that you declare your full education history, including the most recent school, college or university you have attended or are currently attending.'
Where do I put this information, and will it reflect badly on me that I have been doing something completely unrelated to the course I'm applying for and my a levels? I have been doing well in tests and suchlike at MMU but my attendance is at 20% and I would rather the unis I'm applying to didn't know that I have been to MMU at all. I have continued my job through this period so there are no gaps in my history on UCAS, so how would they even know that I am already at uni?

If anyone has been in a similar situation and applied from uni for first year entry at a different uni for a different course, some opinions/guidance would be really useful.
Original post by echifoyle
I am currently doing foundation entry mechanical engineering at MMU, however I am finding it extremely boring and have realised that this course/career choice is not for me and have instead decided to study something that is of genuine interest to me rather than a course purely for the sake of employ-ability. I have just finished another UCAS application to do Philosophy (starting first year) at Uni of Lancaster, Liverpool, UCLAN and Sheffield.

It says on the last page 'It is also important that you declare your full education history, including the most recent school, college or university you have attended or are currently attending.'
Where do I put this information, and will it reflect badly on me that I have been doing something completely unrelated to the course I'm applying for and my a levels? I have been doing well in tests and suchlike at MMU but my attendance is at 20% and I would rather the unis I'm applying to didn't know that I have been to MMU at all. I have continued my job through this period so there are no gaps in my history on UCAS, so how would they even know that I am already at uni?

If anyone has been in a similar situation and applied from uni for first year entry at a different uni for a different course, some opinions/guidance would be really useful.

You put your current university in the education section. You can’t leave it out without making your application fraudulent. Universities don’t mind if you have changed your mind about what to study.

Even with no gaps it would be uncovered that you’d lied once you started a new course.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending