The Student Room Group

How can you delay your period?

Scroll to see replies

sofee
Is there anything you can get from pharmacys to delay it? I really can't be dealing with doctors and i'm due on at Reading festival, worst case scenario!!!!
Didn't you know like, weeks ago that you'd be due on for the festival? Sorry babe, but you should've / could've planned it ages ago. There's nothing you can do now.
Reply 21
Ilora-Danon
Didn't you know like, weeks ago that you'd be due on for the festival? Sorry babe, but you should've / could've planned it ages ago. There's nothing you can do now.

i didn't think :frown:
is a month not long enough?
Reply 22
Yes, a month is long enough. Go to the doctor and ask for something, I think you could go on the pill. :biggrin:
Reply 23
Nah just say you want to delay it and they'll give it to you.You need to take it 3 days before your period is due but go and see the doctor now!
Reply 24
gahhh, the pill, the thought daunts me..
Reply 25
The one i mean is different, it's not the pill but it messed up my periods for a year....
sofee
i didn't think :frown:
is a month not long enough?
I'm confused. I was talking about someone needing it for tomorrow and now you're talking about a month? Oh the confusion. I take it you're not the OP.

If you have a month then you can get Norethisterone. Going on the contraceptive pill isn't an option as a month is too short notice for it to get into your system. Go and see your GP.
Just don't have sex tomorrow, wait until your period's over.
I took something for a few days to stop my period when I was 14 when I went on a DOE expedition. You take it three days or more before your period starts and once you stop taking it your period should come in 3 days. It does work but can mess up your cycle a bit and for the first few days I woke up with stabbing stomach pains at 4am.

I'm in a similar situation now but I wouldn't be allowed to take anything most probably because I have hypothalamic amenorrhea (no periods) and I've only had 2 periods reccently due to HRT in the last 3 years... bleh. I'm due on during my holiday which kind of sucks as they are a bit brutal now.
Reply 29
Elondra
The one i mean is different, it's not the pill but it messed up my periods for a year....

messed up? oh dear..how? i'm already rubbish at keeping track :frown:
Reply 30
there isnt anything you can do OP not for tomorrow

but seriously, what is so important? only thing i can think of is sex, but if its that, cant you just wait for it to finish?
Reply 31
Smoobla
Rub essence of newt on the stomach area whilst chanting "Period, be gone!" three times. It's ultra-effective if you do it at midnight during a full moon.

haha!
Reply 32
sofee
messed up? oh dear..how? i'm already rubbish at keeping track :frown:

do you want to delay it or not? go to the doctors, get it and stop complaining or just deal with it at the festival. if you're not good at keeping track anyway doubt it will make much difference.
Reply 33
fourr
do you want to delay it or not? go to the doctors, get it and stop complaining or just deal with it at the festival. if you're not good at keeping track anyway doubt it will make much difference.

alright alright i will

jeeesh :frown:
Reply 34
sofee
alright alright i will

jeeesh :frown:

:smile:
Theres no point in going to the doctor if its due tommorow! It's too late. It's going to come now ! :biggrin:
Reply 36
sofee
gahhh, the pill, the thought daunts me..

You'll only take one pack, what's the harm?! :p:
Get pregnant, that will delay it :p:
Reply 38
i have been told that eating a lot of lemon might delay it slightly..perhaps not for days and days but its still worth a shot!
Reply 39
Well, there are SOME events when it is really the last - and I mean really the last - thing you need, and that's when you have it -.- When you now it in advance, go to your GP and ask for a special pill, it is not the regular anticonceptiva pill, but something slightly different, don't know.
When my aunt died, though, I didn't get it for over 3 months. Scared the hell out of me, I thought..well... =) So, stress can totally mess up your whole cycle, and that kinda sucks sometimes.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest