The Student Room Group

Importance of Reference Letter

I understand ambiguous and off-topic statement may be decisive enough to spoil our applications no matter how perfect our stats are predicted.

On the one hand, in general, does quality of reference letter fatally affect the result even if we achieved the brilliant statement and sufficient grades?

As a matter of fact, I am now waiting for the result and start worrying about the contents of reference letter because this cannot be managed by my efforts.
(edited 4 years ago)
The reference is typically the least important part of the application, because as you say, it is out of the applicants control.

So long as it is broadly positive, it is very unlikely to negatively affect how you are considered.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
The reference is typically the least important part of the application, because as you say, it is out of the applicants control.

So long as it is broadly positive, it is very unlikely to negatively affect how you are considered.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I do appreciate your answer.
Yes, they are least concerned about your reference, they look more at your predicted grades, GCSE results and personal statement
Reply 4
Original post by realbeautyxo
Yes, they are least concerned about your reference, they look more at your predicted grades, GCSE results and personal statement

Thank you for responding.
By virtue of your advice, I understood reference letter has less impacts on our candidacies than other elements do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending