The Student Room Group

Does this relationship sound serious?

They were together for 2-3 years... they met in uni on the same course, had the same friends, spent lots of time together and nights out together, lots of pictures of facebook of them together/ with friends on nights out. The guy did not tell his parents about her as they are strict, then they broke up just after graduation.
Does it sound serious?
No
together for 2-3 years. that is at least 3 x Christmases and New Years And Easter holidays.
and the guy did not mention anything to his parents.

it makes me wonder how he can do such a thing, badly treating his other half. It is like he wants to play around and still tagging her along
Reply 3
Original post by williamho
together for 2-3 years. that is at least 3 x Christmases and New Years And Easter holidays.
and the guy did not mention anything to his parents.

it makes me wonder how he can do such a thing, badly treating his other half. It is like he wants to play around and still tagging her along

But if his parents are strict he doesn't really have a choice?
he should man up and behave proper.
And stop hiding in the shadows.

so will he continue to behave badly the next time round ?
when will he realise that he cannot treat other people badly,just because his parents are strict
Nope, not if he went 3 years without telling his family and then broke up as soon as uni finished. Even with a strict family, if she meant enough to him / he saw it as a serious, long term relationship then he would've found a way to tell people.
Reply 6
Original post by williamho
he should man up and behave proper.
And stop hiding in the shadows.

so will he continue to behave badly the next time round ?
when will he realise that he cannot treat other people badly,just because his parents are strict

Original post by boods8897
Nope, not if he went 3 years without telling his family and then broke up as soon as uni finished. Even with a strict family, if she meant enough to him / he saw it as a serious, long term relationship then he would've found a way to tell people.

He could've been scared that his parents would've forced him to end the relationship, particularly as he is still dependent on them
Original post by Anonymous
But if his parents are strict he doesn't really have a choice?

yes he does have a choice
Be a man! He shouldn't have messed her around and have his fun whilst stringing her along in the first place if he was too chicken.
He could've been scared that his parents would've forced him to end the relationship, particularly as he is still dependent on them

so he ended it himself? without even trying? he just wasn't interested and just wanted some fun
or he is a full time p*ssy. (and btw I come from a conservative, devout Muslim family and I'm still saying this)
Reply 9
Original post by WazzWazz98
so he ended it himself? without even trying? he just wasn't interested and just wanted some fun
or he is a full time p*ssy. (and btw I come from a conservative, devout Muslim family and I'm still saying this)

I think it ended amicably
bump
bump

Why are you bumping this when you've already had 6 people answer all saying the same thing? I'm guessing you're the girl in this relationship and aren't happy it's over?
Original post by boods8897

What if he does tell them at the end (but just before they break up) ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending