The Student Room Group

Genuine relationship?

What kind of relationship would be genuine?

Relationship 1 - started out with mutual attraction on first sight. Lots of deep feelings, girl is very concerned about the guy in every shape or form. Guy and girl share strong attraction with lots of eye contact and deep discussions about life etc. Girl takes care of him from preparing meals, to his health and being very supportive of all his endeavours. Guy and girl compliment each other most of the time. They do not display "couple pics" much except 2 or 3 pics. Both spend lots of time together. Sex is very frequent. Guy and girl have different opinions on some topics. Anyone who sees them says they are a couple or look like hubby-wife.

Relationship 2 - started out as friends. No attraction at first. Friendship was also based on mutual friends and politics. 2 years later, they date and sex is frequent initially. However relationship is mostly independent and LDR. Both see each other during breaks or travel to see each other at times. The relationship is public with girl and guy showing each other off on facebook/whatsapp or sending pictures of each other to mutual friends.
Not a lot of deep discussions except passionate debates on politics. Girl and guy share similar views on politics or at least guy pretends to share similar views. Even though sex is prevalent, not much attraction can be seen. If any, people who see them together either think they are friends or they look like siblings than a romantic pair even though they have shown everyone via pics that they are a couple.
Girl also happens to be good friends with the guys former FWB.

So which one can be said to be mature or genuine? Relationship 2 right?
I think you want to ask which is the relationship that people would prefer to have, rather than what is mature or genuine.

Both relationships sound genuine or mature, although neither seems perfect.
My last relationship was almost identical to no1, ex bf turned out to be a sordid sociopath and is still stalking me six years after I walked out on him.
I don't date friends or guys that are into fwb and am not keen on ldr's.
every relationship is different. Genuine and maturity are very different things, the second you can say is more mature due to how they are acting and responding to things. There isn't anything to say that the 1st one is genuine, or even mature.It is all perspective, and maturity is based on more on how they react to things or situation and how they handle problems, so if you were to say they argued frequently or about small matters, then they have not matured above the point where the small things no longer matter because the bigger things have their attention. Depending on how you look at it, they could both be genuine and mature. What they talk about depends on their interests, seeing as 1st talks about life etc, and the second on politics, both suggest maturity.
That's my perspective on this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending