The Student Room Group

Guy friend told me he liked me

One of my best guy friends told me he liked me today. People have been saying that he has liked me for a while but I don’t want to lose him a friend.
My past experience with guys hasn’t been great. I’ve had two relationships, both with people who I would have also considered a friend and they both left me really ****ed up and am unable to trust most guys.
This friend told me that I’m the only person he can open up to and I make him comfortable which was really flattering but I don’t feel that I can emotionally handle a relationship right now.
I am so upset over the whole situation. I almost don’t want people to like me and I understand that sounds crazy but it’s just a problem I have with myself.
If someone could give some advice on how to handle the situation then I would really appreciate it. If you couldn’t already tell I’m kind of freaking out!
If he really liked you like genuinely has feelings for you I’m sure somewhere in his heart he’ll be able to understand you don’t feel the same way. Definitely let him down lightly as you’ve said ur the only one he’s comfortable to talk to so say if he ever wants to talk about it again you’ll be there. Just be truthful to him about how you don’t feel the same and aren’t ready for a relationship.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
If he really liked you like genuinely has feelings for you I’m sure somewhere in his heart he’ll be able to understand you don’t feel the same way. Definitely let him down lightly as you’ve said ur the only one he’s comfortable to talk to so say if he ever wants to talk about it again you’ll be there. Just be truthful to him about how you don’t feel the same and aren’t ready for a relationship.

Is it even normal to feel like this. It's like I don't even want attention from guys anymore in case something were to happen. In fact I'd rather just pick up guys in clubs than form any kind of emotional attachment because of my fear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending