The Student Room Group

Leaving Full-Time Work to Start Uni, What Income Would Be Assessed?

Hey, mature student here. Sorry this may have been asked before but just looking for clarification: As I will be stopping full-time work to begin university in September, I was wondering how the income around me would be assessed, I'm 24 (won't be turning 25 before the academic year starts) and live with my spouse who is working full time. Would I have to include just my spouse's income in the application or do I have to include my own income? Also, would the entitlement differ in between the academic year if I were to earn part-time throughout the aca-year?
Although I can't answer these questions, may I suggest you ring SFE directly? They should provide a fairly speedy, accurate answer to your questions :smile:
Original post by lightsabir
Hey, mature student here. Sorry this may have been asked before but just looking for clarification: As I will be stopping full-time work to begin university in September, I was wondering how the income around me would be assessed, I'm 24 (won't be turning 25 before the academic year starts) and live with my spouse who is working full time. Would I have to include just my spouse's income in the application or do I have to include my own income? Also, would the entitlement differ in between the academic year if I were to earn part-time throughout the aca-year?

Hi

If by spouse, your married, itll be their income thats used from what ive seen here before. Also again if you work through the year itll still be your partners income, not yours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending