Leaving Full-Time Work to Start Uni, What Income Would Be Assessed? Watch

lightsabir
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey, mature student here. Sorry this may have been asked before but just looking for clarification: As I will be stopping full-time work to begin university in September, I was wondering how the income around me would be assessed, I'm 24 (won't be turning 25 before the academic year starts) and live with my spouse who is working full time. Would I have to include just my spouse's income in the application or do I have to include my own income? Also, would the entitlement differ in between the academic year if I were to earn part-time throughout the aca-year?
TeacupAndTragedy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Although I can't answer these questions, may I suggest you ring SFE directly? They should provide a fairly speedy, accurate answer to your questions
Shirohige
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lightsabir)
Hey, mature student here. Sorry this may have been asked before but just looking for clarification: As I will be stopping full-time work to begin university in September, I was wondering how the income around me would be assessed, I'm 24 (won't be turning 25 before the academic year starts) and live with my spouse who is working full time. Would I have to include just my spouse's income in the application or do I have to include my own income? Also, would the entitlement differ in between the academic year if I were to earn part-time throughout the aca-year?
Hi

If by spouse, your married, itll be their income thats used from what ive seen here before. Also again if you work through the year itll still be your partners income, not yours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (423)
67.46%
No (204)
32.54%

Watched Threads