The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship

I really don't enjoy my apprenticeship, I've been doing it 5 months and there is a high training cost that my company pay for, however I was told if I was to leave I would have to pay this cost, £10,000. I wanted to leave after the first few weeks but was scared to. It is getting to a point I am feeling more and more depressed being here. Is there any way they can enforce this or am I able to leave and not look back?
I think you should weigh up what's most important to you. Are you able to pay the 10 grand, or could you hang on for another 6 months or so? Time flies by quickly and once you're finished, you can always move on easily.
Read your contract of employment, and any paperwork you may have signed.
Reply 3
I’ve gone through my contract but can’t find anything about the fee, however with it being a while ago I can’t remember everything I signed
Reply 4
Original post by yzanne
I think you should weigh up what's most important to you. Are you able to pay the 10 grand, or could you hang on for another 6 months or so? Time flies by quickly and once you're finished, you can always move on easily.

I wouldn’t be able to pay the 10 grand and the apprenticeship is 3 years and I don’t think I’d be able to do this for another 2 and a half years
Reply 5
Would a better option be getting myself fired, obviously I couldn’t use it as a reference but that way I’m not liable for my departure or the company?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending