The Student Room Group

Worried about applying for university!

I’m hoping to apply for uni around 2021! And I’m currently studying level 3 travel and tourism national diploma, I’ve got the predicted grades of D*D* (112 UCAS points) However, I’ve got this anxious feeling that I won’t be accepted to university. Even though for the degree I’d like (International Relations) it only has the requirement of 104 UCAS points or 112. How can I stop this feeling of worry? Will I be accepted?
So long as you meet the required ucas points then yes.
Of course your personal statement needs to impress for them to make you an offer/invite you to interview if your course requires it. But in terms of ‘points’ you shouldn’t have any issues if that’s what the universities are saying they want and you have it.
Original post by Charlieexo
I’m hoping to apply for uni around 2021! And I’m currently studying level 3 travel and tourism national diploma, I’ve got the predicted grades of D*D* (112 UCAS points) However, I’ve got this anxious feeling that I won’t be accepted to university. Even though for the degree I’d like (International Relations) it only has the requirement of 104 UCAS points or 112. How can I stop this feeling of worry? Will I be accepted?

I dont think anyone can answer this but the university involved. Some insist on the equivalent of 3 A levels which would be the extended diploma. There may be restrictions what subjects they might take and whether travel and tourism will be accepted. I would try ringing the university involved to get their advice.
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
I dont think anyone can answer this but the university involved. Some insist on the equivalent of 3 A levels which would be the extended diploma. There may be restrictions what subjects they might take and whether travel and tourism will be accepted. I would try ringing the university involved to get their advice.

The universities I’m interested in applying for accept BTEC courses, they haven’t specified which ones they accept, and my predicted grades meet towards the entry requirements.
Original post by Charlieexo
The universities I’m interested in applying for accept BTEC courses, they haven’t specified which ones they accept, and my predicted grades meet towards the entry requirements.

Wht come on here asking for advice if you are not prepared to accept the advice given. If you dont like the advice fine ignore it but anyone definitely telling you that you will get in is wrong. The only people who can confirm one way or other is the university concerned because there are 2 possible risks.
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
Wht come on here asking for advice if you are not prepared to accept the advice given. If you dont like the advice fine ignore it but anyone definitely telling you that you will get in is wrong. The only people who can confirm one way or other is the university concerned because there are 2 possible risks.

If you allowed me actually further reply to your message, as I was about to reply with “thank you for the advice!” Maybe you wouldn’t of replied in such a harsh way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending