The Student Room Group

Girlfriend is ignoring my texts

For some reason my girlfriend has completely ignored my texts all day

Scroll to see replies

Is she busy? Are you asking for advice or reasons or?
Reply 2
I guess I’m asking for advice, she isn’t busy. She’s blanked me the whole day.
Reply 3
maybe she needs space, or a family issue has come up and she doesn't want to talk to anyone.
Reply 4
You are really reaching. You know people can have a day where they just haven't been on their phone?
Reply 5
Original post by Bio 7
You are really reaching. You know people can have a day where they just haven't been on their phone?

She’s read the messages and been active sooo
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
She’s read the messages and been active sooo

Do you realise people are simply just busy and don't have time to reply to messages? Some might just read it and then when they have time, they'll reply.

You're overthinking it. Don't be *that* clingy boyfriend.
Reply 7
I mean it could be anything..... for example she could be making you jealous or she just wants to see how you would react. Or she could be busy.... the best thing to do is not to overthink it.
Tbh with that impatience I would too
"u alright why you ignoring me*laughing emoji*"
This would annoy me too. If she is on her phone and has read your messages she is obviously deliberately not talking to you. Everyone nowadays is always on their phone and the 'I'm busy' is just an excuse
Original post by UWS
Do you realise people are simply just busy and don't have time to reply to messages? Some might just read it and then when they have time, they'll reply.

You're overthinking it. Don't be *that* clingy boyfriend.

Not really clingy and she’s clearly not busy as she’s been active sooo
How is your relationship going? How long have you been going out for?
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
Not really clingy and she’s clearly not busy as she’s been active sooo

Active means she was online to check her messages, but probably didn't have time to reply. It is clingy because you aren't taking into account she may be busy and are expecting her to reply on demand.
(edited 4 years ago)
Leave it until tomorrow, then actually pick up the phone and talk to her!
You’re brave enough to post something like that, surprised you didn’t get called an “incel”
Don’t message her. She’s probably testing you. Don’t fail the test. Stay silent and be busy. If she misses you she’ll message you. If she doesn’t then you’ll only have humiliated yourself by continuing to message her
wow, i have no idea why everyone is roasting you, OP.
there's a few reasons why she might be ignoring you, so let's examine them...

1) she's busy
2) she's testing you
3) she's mad at you
4) she's lost interest

obviously, you know your gf and how she behaves. at least, i'm assuming you've been together long enough. which of those points listed above sounds likely to you? in any case, do NOT spam her inbox. that is how you come off as needy. even if you are needy, you don't want her to know that, so play it cool.

it's perfectly okay to be concerned. just leave her a question, ask her if she's okay. you don't want it to sound pushy or invasive, just something cool like "hey, is everything okay?"... keep it short. when she finally replies and you're in conversation, you can expand on your concerns, but never leave tons of messages outside of conversation.
If she was busy she wouldn't be able to be online and reading the messages
Original post by Joel 96
wow, i have no idea why everyone is roasting you, OP.
there's a few reasons why she might be ignoring you, so let's examine them...

1) she's busy
2) she's testing you
3) she's mad at you
4) she's lost interest

obviously, you know your gf and how she behaves. at least, i'm assuming you've been together long enough. which of those points listed above sounds likely to you? in any case, do NOT spam her inbox. that is how you come off as needy. even if you are needy, you don't want her to know that, so play it cool.

it's perfectly okay to be concerned. just leave her a question, ask her if she's okay. you don't want it to sound pushy or invasive, just something cool like "hey, is everything okay?"... keep it short. when she finally replies and you're in conversation, you can expand on your concerns, but never leave tons of messages outside of conversation.

Cheers man

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending