The Student Room Group

Applying for £1 maintenance loan

So I don't actually want to take out a maintenance loan but in order to qualify for a bursary I need to make an application for a maintenance loan so the university can assess me based on my household income.

I can't seem to find a way to do this other than to say "Yes, I do want to apply for a maintenance loan" and just setting the amount to £1 as that is the minimum possible. If I select no, I am told my application will be cancelled.

I'm not bothered about taking out the £1 lol I can just repay it back instantly and be done with the loan right?
bump
Original post by lighth_lawliet
So I don't actually want to take out a maintenance loan but in order to qualify for a bursary I need to make an application for a maintenance loan so the university can assess me based on my household income.

I can't seem to find a way to do this other than to say "Yes, I do want to apply for a maintenance loan" and just setting the amount to £1 as that is the minimum possible. If I select no, I am told my application will be cancelled.

I'm not bothered about taking out the £1 lol I can just repay it back instantly and be done with the loan right?

Hi,

You can make early repayments wherever you want.

You'll need to send us a Maintenance Loan Request Form and a covering letter stating you only want your application to be income assessed for bursary purposes. We're sorry the online system isn't allowing you to decline it being paid.

The form where you can change this to zero is here for 2020/21 - http://ow.ly/d/8nhF

Please send to the following address:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Regards, Dean.
Original post by SFE Dean
Hi,

You can make early repayments wherever you want.

You'll need to send us a Maintenance Loan Request Form and a covering letter stating you only want your application to be income assessed for bursary purposes. We're sorry the online system isn't allowing you to decline it being paid.

The form where you can change this to zero is here for 2020/21 - http://ow.ly/d/8nhF

Please send to the following address:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Regards, Dean.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending