The Student Room Group

Sixth Form is NOT for me...

I don’t have any other options right now, I’m at my wits end and just need to rant!

So I’m in year 12, started sixth form in September 2019. I wasn’t planning to go to sixth form (it is the one attached to my school) but various people ended up convincing me to give it a go and that it was the best for me

However, that has SIGNIFICANTLY changed. My mental health has drastically gone down hill ever since beginning a-levels. I’m surrounded by people who do not care, they’re distracting me from my education, making me feel intimidated and I can’t focus now I’ve fallen behind by about a months work as my problems inside and out of sixth form haven’t improved.

The school don’t take into account any of my issues, I feel like a number who is just being dragged along with “threats” and I feel like all the teachers would rather do anything else than check in on me or try and help me through my tough situation

I’m in a politics class where we always have cover teachers, and I was once threatened to be kicked off the course because my first essay was not all that good - now I feel scared to even attempt to go in like I’ve shut down

My business and economics classes are full of people who do not care, and just mess around. It makes me feel uncomfortable and on edge

I’ve told teachers about all of this and more for the first time in my life and they’ve just disregarded it!

I’m currently working at about 2 Es and a C and I’m just thinking of not going back after all the dramas around Coronavirus end.

What are my options? I know this is short and I haven’t said everything but it’s making me shake with anxiety even trying to type this out... thank you for any advice you may have!
Reply 1
I’ve just realised another thing to say.... I don’t have anyone to support me in that sixth form. I feel as if I can’t trust any of my “friends” or teachers as they are all out to get me and put me down l. I just feel hopeless it’s been like this since November - sixth form was the worst decision I’ve made in my life
H

Original post by Anonymous
I’ve just realised another thing to say.... I don’t have anyone to support me in that sixth form. I feel as if I can’t trust any of my “friends” or teachers as they are all out to get me and put me down l. I just feel hopeless it’s been like this since November - sixth form was the worst decision I’ve made in my life

Hey hows everything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending