The Student Room Group

Final exams being delayed until May 2021

The University of Birmingham is saying that exams for final year students are cancelled and may not be re-scheduled until the May/June 2021 exam period due to COVID-19 (Even if the university opens up long before this).

Would this mean applying for a 'long course loan' or could I apply for a full maintenance loan for the 2020/21 academic year?

They are giving us the option of not having to do exams and passing on only 80 credits this year (accumulated from coursework already completed). However, doing this means that we won't graduate with a 360 credit degree, just 320 credits instead.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by chrisf17
The University of Birmingham is saying that exams for final year students are cancelled and may not be re-scheduled until the May/June 2021 exam period due to COVID-19 (Even if the university opens up long before this).

Would this mean applying for a 'long course loan' or could I apply for a full maintenance loan for the 2020/21 academic year?

They are giving us the option of not having to do exams and passing on only 80 credits this year (accumulated from coursework already completed). However, doing this means that we won't graduate with a 360 credit degree, just 320 credits instead.

Good morning, what funding have you already been awarded? The Long Course Loan is automatically assessed based on the length of the course which the university submits to a database that links with our systems.
Thanks, Isaac.
Original post by SFE Isaac
Good morning, what funding have you already been awarded? The Long Course Loan is automatically assessed based on the length of the course which the university submits to a database that links with our systems.
Thanks, Isaac.

Hi,

I've had the full tuition and maintenance loans for years 1, 2 and 3
Original post by chrisf17
Hi,

I've had the full tuition and maintenance loans for years 1, 2 and 3

That funding will remain and there won’t be any additional funding. If the university update the course length on the database then you might be assessed for the Long Course Loan.
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending