The Student Room Group

How to get an Ordinary Degree

I'm currently a 3rd year student on a 4 year degree in Scotland, I was wondering in terms of ordinary degrees which you usually get if you fail to achieve the criteria for honours if the an ordinary degree could be obtained with the intentions of completing the 4th year and ultimately gaining an honours degree, the reason I am considering this is because of the uncertain nature of the corona virus and i think it woul be a nice idea to have a degree under my belt even if it is not an honours in the case that there is some sort of disruption to the next year of university, basically just to keep my options open in the case that I had to take a gap year or do learning online which would also allow me to get some kind of full time or part time employment while this disruption is going on, was hoping gif anyone here who has experience with ordinary degrees could help me out, thanks a lot
Reply 1
Also would it affect future student finance? Considering if I wanted to finish honours after obtaining a oridnary degree could be considered a second degree I guess???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending