The Student Room Group

Can you still pass first year of uni if you fail more than one module??

Can you still pass first year if you fail a couple of modules?? What do you need to pass the year?? And what happens if you fail??
Reply 1
The first year of university is the easiest. If you STILL failed one module, you need to reevaluate your whole life plan, because university isn't for you.
Original post by Anonymous
Can you still pass first year if you fail a couple of modules?? What do you need to pass the year?? And what happens if you fail??

Depends entirely on the regulations for your course - you need to consult these, or ask your programme leader to find out the answer to your question. Often, a course will allow someone to 'carry' a certain number of failed credits through to the next year to allow them to progress, but the number of credits allowed, and in which modules, is entirely down to the structure of the course. Other courses, often those which have professional accreditation like AHP courses, do not allow any failure to be carried forwards and such failure would prevent progression: you would have to repeat the module via re-enrolling or similar in the following academic year.

Speak to your tutor/programme leader, or consult the information on your student portal (usually under 'course structure' or similar)
Original post by Reality Check
Depends entirely on the regulations for your course - you need to consult these, or ask your programme leader to find out the answer to your question. Often, a course will allow someone to 'carry' a certain number of failed credits through to the next year to allow them to progress, but the number of credits allowed, and in which modules, is entirely down to the structure of the course. Other courses, often those which have professional accreditation like AHP courses, do not allow any failure to be carried forwards and such failure would prevent progression: you would have to repeat the module via re-enrolling or similar in the following academic year.

Speak to your tutor/programme leader, or consult the information on your student portal (usually under 'course structure' or similar)

Thank you so much!
Original post by Xarao
The first year of university is the easiest. If you STILL failed one module, you need to reevaluate your whole life plan, because university isn't for you.

Lol I’m asking for a friend, defo not gonna read this comment to him 😂😂
Original post by Xarao

Not really. Plenty of people fail a module for one reason or another without 'needing to re-evaulate their whole life plan'. Don't be so overdramatic!
Reply 6
Original post by Ellyturpin
Lol I’m asking for a friend, defo not gonna read this comment to him 😂😂

I can happily say it to him too.
At my uni they allow for one compensatory module that they will “ignore” but it has to be within a certain amount of credits and no higher. They don’t allow this for AHP courses though like radiography which is what I study.
Original post by Xarao

It is not the easiest every course. First year for me was the hardest actually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending