The Student Room Group

Ideal course at Goldsmiths or alternative course at Bristol?

I applied to both goldsmiths and bristol for criminology/ criminology and sociology as an undergrad.

Goldsmiths offered me the course, yet Bristol rejected my offer and offered me social policy instead. Both on the same a level grades

I have looked over the modules of social policy and although they do interest me and i feel like i would be happy to study this, there is still some doubt in my mind simply because this is not what i applied for and will lead me in a slightly different career path. If i did accept this offer, i would be inclined to ask to change to social policy and sociology

However, bristol does appeal to me much more than goldsmiths due to it's russell group status, student life and graduate prospects etc.

Should take the opportunity to go to a better university for a course i'm unsure about, or go to the lesser university on my ideal course?

(edited 3 years ago)
Bristol have offered this course to a number of students on here this year. Clearly they have been unable to fill their places and are making alternative offers to students rejected to overcome this. Only you can decide whether yo.u want this course or not. If not reject it and take the course you want.
3 years is a long time to study something you’re not interested in.

Go to Goldsmiths (or one of your other choices) to study the degree you want to study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending