The Student Room Group

Can you apply for a course you previously declined on clearing?

Are you allowed to apply for a course you had previously declined through clearing if you’ve changed your mind about your future. Also could you do this through UCAS extra? i.e could I reject my firm and insurance choice on UCAS and reapply for the course I previously declined through extra?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by nmbc30
Are you allowed to apply for a course you had previously declined through clearing if you’ve changed your mind about your future. Also could you do this through UCAS extra? i.e could I reject my firm and insurance choice on UCAS and reapply for the course I previously declined through extra?

Thank you :smile:

yes you can do that :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
yes you can do that :smile:

Thank you for your quick reply! What would you suggest would be the more sensible option - UCAS extra or clearing? Also, is it possible to decline your firm and insurance choice through UCAS track or do you need to phone the university? (my firm and insurance are at the same university)

Thank you and sorry about all the questions, no problem if you don’t know the answers :smile:
Original post by nmbc30
Thank you for your quick reply! What would you suggest would be the more sensible option - UCAS extra or clearing? Also, is it possible to decline your firm and insurance choice through UCAS track or do you need to phone the university? (my firm and insurance are at the same university)

Thank you and sorry about all the questions, no problem if you don’t know the answers :smile:

as you'll want to be put into extra, i believe you should speak to your firm to get them to do it, clearing will likely have more availability. do you not want to switch to the course at your firm or insurance choice that would be easier to do if you wanted to still go to those universities?
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
as you'll want to be put into extra, i believe you should speak to your firm to get them to do it, clearing will likely have more availability. do you not want to switch to the course at your firm or insurance choice that would be easier to do if you wanted to still go to those universities?

The problem isn’t the course, as I’ve applied to the same/similar courses in all the universities. It’s actually the location. Previously, I wanted to stay at home for certain reasons but now I would love to move away. I know I shouldn’t have decided my firm and insurance so quickly which am now regretting. This is why I’m wondering what would be the best course of action as I’ve tried to contact UCAS but it’s obviously a busy time for them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending