The Student Room Group

Overthinking when it comes to boys

How do I stop thinking the worse when it comes to boys. I've been chatting to this boy these past two months and I just keep thinking I'm gonna be let down as that's all I am use to.

But then at the same time I keep getting told to trust your gut but my gut feeling is that something bad will happen.

I know that I'm not the only girl he's talking however he's the only boy I'm talking to at the minute ,I just keep thinking I'm being loyal in the talking stage but what if it doesn't work out.

Scroll to see replies

If it does not work out then move on since you are only talking to him.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
If it does not work out then move on since you are only talking to him.

It be hard to move on though as I really like him
I feel you sis, it's hard. You can't really exactly do anything but to just distract yourself. Work out :smile: Get that pengg body
Well hard does not mean impossible. If it does not work out you will meet someone better in the future anyways he is not the only guy left on the planet there are more fishes to fish for in the pond
always trust your gut instinct. I know you really like him rn but if you continue your feelings will only get stronger and it'll be harder for you to move on. trust me it's better to cut him off now, even if it hurts it's better for your sake xx
Tell him your house burnt down and your phone was inside your house so it also burnt and so that means you can't talk to him anymore.

Works 10/10 times
Reply 7
I feel you sis, it's hard. You can't really exactly do anything but to just distract yourself. Work out :smile: Get that pengg body

I think that's what I'm gonna do starting from tomorrow and he's left me on delivered lool,thanks love x
Reply 8
Well hard does not mean impossible. If it does not work out you will meet someone better in the future anyways he is not the only guy left on the planet there are more fishes to fish for in the pond

That's very true, I'm just so use to speaking to him every single day and I want it to work out so badly
Reply 9
Original post by confusedpeaches
always trust your gut instinct. I know you really like him rn but if you continue your feelings will only get stronger and it'll be harder for you to move on. trust me it's better to cut him off now, even if it hurts it's better for your sake xx

It's so hard wanting to something you want ,to work out so well.
Original post by A giant chicken
Tell him your house burnt down and your phone was inside your house so it also burnt and so that means you can't talk to him anymore.

Works 10/10 times

This made me laugh 😂😂
How do I stop thinking the worse when it comes to boys. I've been chatting to this boy these past two months and I just keep thinking I'm gonna be let down as that's all I am use to.

But then at the same time I keep getting told to trust your gut but my gut feeling is that something bad will happen.

I know that I'm not the only girl he's talking however he's the only boy I'm talking to at the minute ,I just keep thinking I'm being loyal in the talking stage but what if it doesn't work out.

I will be straight up with you. It's not gonna be easy.

I'm a guy. Lets get that one off the table. I have a friend that I'm really close with, and she has had her fair share of heartbreaks. Currently she is going through a bit of a time with one guy that she liked a while back. (I won't spill the details, she would slay me).

The best thing I have to say is that you know yourself. Nobody else will know you like you do, hence only you can make the decision. That doesn't mean to say that other people can't help. You have friends, spend time with them. You can't ignore any problems but you can certainly try and have a better time.

Final Comment: Time goes on. The world never stops spinning, and time never stops moving. You never know what will happen in a few years time. That's both horrifying and yet enlightening. You can change a lot in a very small space. You may never "get over it" as many people suggest but you may learn to come to terms with it and find something better.

Stay well and be safe :smile:
ask him this

if you were a bunny would you wanna be a hippo that wanted to be a money but the monkey is human wanting to be a worm??
Original post by StarlitZer0

I'm a guy. Lets get that one off the table. I have a friend that I'm really close with, and she has had her fair share of heartbreaks. Currently she is going through a bit of a time with one guy that she liked a while back. (I won't spill the details, she would slay me).

The best thing I have to say is that you know yourself. Nobody else will know you like you do, hence only you can make the decision. That doesn't mean to say that other people can't help. You have friends, spend time with them. You can't ignore any problems but you can certainly try and have a better time.

Final Comment: Time goes on. The world never stops spinning, and time never stops moving. You never know what will happen in a few years time. That's both horrifying and yet enlightening. You can change a lot in a very small space. You may never "get over it" as many people suggest but you may learn to come to terms with it and find something better.

ahhh i freaking love this
now i see why she is your bestie :heart:
It's so hard wanting to something you want ,to work out so well.

I know it's so hard believe me I've been in your situation girl and I'm thankful that I trusted my gut instinct otherwise fck knows what I'd be doing rn. if he's talking to other girls while you're being loyal to him that's already a red flag cuz it shows he's not serious about the 2 of you. you might be attached to him but you gotta listen to your head not your heart in this situation and realise your self worth!! I might not know you but I want what's best for you, you deserve soooo much better trust me🥺
Original post by BlackkQueen12
ahhh i freaking love this
now i see why she is your bestie :heart:

Not so much now as we were before, but I still have her back when she needs it and I know that she has mine. I feel like that's important :smile:

Of course, anyone who is reading this, feel free to drop a message, I'll be happy to listen :smile:

Thank you very much for this.

Everything you have said is so true.
Not so much now as we were before, but I still have her back when she needs it and I know that she has mine. I feel like that's important :smile:

Of course, anyone who is reading this, feel free to drop a message, I'll be happy to listen :smile:

ahhh this makes me cry
this is so freaking sweet
wish i had something like this
Original post by BlackkQueen12
ask him this

if you were a bunny would you wanna be a hippo that wanted to be a money but the monkey is human wanting to be a worm??

I don't understand this
I don't understand this

dang it ha
im sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending