The Student Room Group

HELP - Need a really unique and thoughtful 18th birthday gift idea

Ok, basically I've been best friends with a girl for 6 years and its more like we've known eachother since we were little! For my 18th, she made me a little book of memories and included EVERYTHING we've done together and all of our best memories. However, I'd been planning something similar for her 18th and now I've decided that I want to do something else for her in addition to this so she knows I didn't just steal her idea! :p: I want something that is a reminder of our friendship and unique to her, but I can't think of what to do.

Can you give me any ideas? I'd be so grateful!! xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you've been best friends with her for six years and you get the idea for her present from an internet forum, it won't be very bloody thoughtful, will it?
A bar of Dairy Milk.

But seriously my friend gave me a lock-safe box full of little things that mean alot to us like a flower that was thrown into the audience at the gig we went to, a tent peg from Glastonbury and lots of little notes. It's very sweet.
Reply 3
A book token.
Reply 4
Amy_J
If you've been best friends with her for six years and you get the idea for her present from an internet forum, it won't be very bloody thoughtful, will it?

:rolleyes: how helpful. I'm not asking for an idea for her entire present, just of something different that I could do for her. I don't see how I'm being any less thoughtful by asking for suggestions for what I could do. I'm still trying to do something nice for her, but I just cant think what to do. I only wanted some potential ideas, so there was no need for you to leave a bitchy comment.
Reply 5
Eighteen little things - things she might have mentioned, sweets she likes, something she said she likes the feel of, poster/cutout of a guy she has a crush on, etc. If you can give them to her throughout the day, that's even better. Save the ''best'' to last, like a concert ticket or something.

Careful, it's gonna be hard to trump this one next year!
Reply 6
my friends bought me a trampoline and a bunny costume, id always whinged how id never been allowed a rabbit and always wanted a trampoline as a kid and they had remembered :biggrin: lol.
Reply 7
Norfolkadam
A bar of Dairy Milk.

But seriously my friend gave me a lock-safe box full of little things that mean alot to us like a flower that was thrown into the audience at the gig we went to, a tent peg from Glastonbury and lots of little notes. It's very sweet.

Ooh I love that idea! I've already got her 18 little presents of things that she likes in general, including a chocolate bar :p: but I've kept a lot of the things from us being friends in my own memories box, like random train tickets from big days out and cards shes made me, so maybe I could make her one and give her the little things too? Thank you!!! :biggrin:
mailmerge
Eighteen little things - things she might have mentioned, sweets she likes, something she said she likes the feel of, poster/cutout of a guy she has a crush on, etc. If you can give them to her throughout the day, that's even better. Save the ''best'' to last, like a concert ticket or something.

Careful, it's gonna be hard to trump this one next year!

I like this idea ! :yep:
Reply 9
Something engraved? (Like a bracelet with her 18th birthday date on it?)

Bottle of wine/a good night out.

If you're creative, something home-made like a card, cake, buns, craft thing, drawing, painting.

Framed photograph?
Reply 11
kizzypebbles
I like this idea ! :yep:

Me too. I have a little bag full of 18 small things for her, like little bath bombs, hair things and general things she likes on a daily basis. Has anyone ever received something like this? If so, did you like it?
I dunno, my idea is more like random things, rather than actual useful ones. For example, one I got for my girlfriend last year was a fluffy dice for a car with the even numbers ripped off, since she doesn't like them. I can't really suggest anything, but if you've got the time (a few months), ideas will come into your head naturally.
Essentially
Me too. I have a little bag full of 18 small things for her, like little bath bombs, hair things and general things she likes on a daily basis. Has anyone ever received something like this? If so, did you like it?

yeah I got a massive box full of bits for my 16th. I loved it :biggrin: My 18th presents were a bit naff but my 16th was brilliant! I had things like an elastic band ball where every EB said Happy 16th Birthday rachel on it at least twice, a poem written for me, coins from the year of my birth etc.
Reply 15
There is only one person currently browsing this forum who knows this girl as well as you do. The best we can do is to suggest gifts that we have gotten from others, or given to others, but if you are looking for a UNIQUE gift, then these suggestions will not be a lot of good to you.

When I am thinking about gifts for people I look back over conversations for ideas, or think of the things that they are interested in, or the things that make them them, and look for something that goes along with that.

As an example, for my sister's birthday, I got her a T-Shirt with the lifeguard logo, and the phrase "Ex-Lifeguard, some blue kid got me sacked" scrawled across it, because we both are lifeguards, and that sort of humour is the type of thing she enjoys. I also got her a bumper sticker saying "I brake for ducks" becuase she works at Centre Parcs and gets annoyed when people like paramedics come on-site and run over dicks in their haste to get to their destination.

What I will say is that it is personal if they instantly know why you got it for them, and everyone else needs an explanation (such as the one above).
I am buying my firend lauren theperfume lauren by ralph lauren.
And im writing in the card "now you can smell like lauren..."

but then again ive only known her a year, so cant do anything really special
Reply 17
This year give her english muffins
one of my friends got his gf a charm braclet for her 21st it was well sweet, had little charms on it that ment something to her,
orrrr... something me and my friends have done a few times is like buy 18 presents maybe only 1 or 2 big ones, or well thought out made things, the rest can just be fun :biggrin:
x
Reply 19
Send her naked pictures of herself and/or her family.

Latest

Trending

Trending