The Student Room Group

Which uni? Southampton or Lancaster?

Which Uni would you say is a better choice for Law Southampton or Lancaster? Lancaster is higher in the league tables but I’m worried because it’s not Russell Group it won’t be considered as prestige against employers especially with Laws competitive nature.
Original post by Flamingcheetos
Which Uni would you say is a better choice for Law Southampton or Lancaster? Lancaster is higher in the league tables but I’m worried because it’s not Russell Group it won’t be considered as prestige against employers especially with Laws competitive nature.

I don't think it will make any difference to employers as they are viewed as being of a similar level so pick the one that appeals more.
Original post by harrysbar
I don't think it will make any difference to employers as they are viewed as being of a similar level so pick the one that appeals more.

PRSOM. Completely agree, just go for the course/university you prefer.
Doesnt matter its a russell group or not. go with the course content and what appeals to you.

I would also think about this years situation and the uni itself. is it more greener and more space for students to get about? Does the uni have lots of study rooms so you can easily self distance? https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/coronavirus/applicants/ I know lancasters updated theirs today. I dont know about southampton though.

Well, St Andrews and Bath are also not in the Russell Group either. It doesn't really matter imo

Hi @Flamingcheetos,
I'd recommend using UniBuddy to chat to current Lancaster law students. They'll be able to answer questions about the kind of career opportunities and guidance they get which may give you some idea of what it'll be like to study at Lancaster.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending