The Student Room Group

Does yes always mean consent

I WAS in a long term relationship with someone that I thought I trusted. Some Times I wouldn’t feel like having sex but if he wanted to, he would get angry and tell me if I loved him then I wouldn’t say no and it wasn’t normal for someone to say no all the time. So I’d eventually say yes, to stop him being mad at me. I would cry whilst he did it and just lie there, I never pushed him off or told him no because I knew it was a easier option to just let him do it. It happened multiple times throughout the relationship, but it’s only now effecting me. I know it’s not rape because I always gave consent. But why is it making me feel so disgusting, even a year later?
(edited 3 years ago)
you need to talk to him and just say you don’t want to do it and you’re not in the mood. there is nothing wrong with that. if he gets angry, that just shows what type of a person he is. You deserve better. You deserve someone who understands that sometimes you are just not in the mood and that’s fine. good luck :smile:
It is rape because yes you gave your consent but you only gave it reluctantly and under pressure which means that you have not been given the free will to make your decisions. Your boyfriend is so controlling and mysogynistic because he is basically treating you like a sex toy. You actually need to leave him to prevent yourself from being used and abused like that.
Reply 3
very poor form on his part. it is effectively sexual coercion

It is manipulative at best and abuse at worst
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
It is rape because yes you gave your consent but you only gave it reluctantly and under pressure which means that you have not been given the free will to make your decisions. Your boyfriend is so controlling and mysogynistic because he is basically treating you like a sex toy. You actually need to leave him to prevent yourself from being used and abused like that.

if she said yes it isn't rape.

a man is allowed to try and persuade a girl

if he used physical force or violence however then it is rape
Reply 5
That was barely consent, if consent at all.
Im really sorry this happened to you. Nobody deserves that.
Do you feel comfortable getting professional help? If you are, that can really help a lot and I would highly suggest it.
Reply 6
Original post by LovelyMrFox
That was barely consent, if consent at all.
Im really sorry this happened to you. Nobody deserves that.
Do you feel comfortable getting professional help? If you are, that can really help a lot and I would highly suggest it.

I wouldn’t know where to start, it’s been a whole year since I last saw him, so I feel like I should be over it by now
It’s like someone walking into walking shop with a knife and pointing it at the cashier. They agree to hand over the money but they were under duress :dontknow:

Spoiler

Seems very manipulative and like you were coerced simply because he put his needs first. don’t put pressure on yourself to get over it. from personal experience i’d say trauma in this sense takes a long time to get over and requires you to work through it instead of trying to push it away.
Reply 9
Original post by Missu122
I wouldn’t know where to start, it’s been a whole year since I last saw him, so I feel like I should be over it by now

Look for good therapists in the area. Look them up, or if you have any friends who go to therapy, find out where they go.
Time cant fix some things. Especially situations like this, one year wont always be enough. Therapy can really help some people get back on track. Maybe just give it a try for a few sessions?
Original post by Missu122
I WAS in a long term relationship with someone that I thought I trusted. Some Times I wouldn’t feel like having sex but if he wanted to, he would get angry and tell me if I loved him then I wouldn’t say no and it wasn’t normal for someone to say no all the time. So I’d eventually say yes, to stop him being mad at me. I would cry whilst he did it and just lie there, I never pushed him off or told him no because I knew it was a easier option to just let him do it. It happened multiple times throughout the relationship, but it’s only now effecting me. I know it’s not rape because I always gave consent. But why is it making me feel so disgusting, even a year later?

He has broke the law you never gave consent you were not in the right frame of mind to give consent you feel disgusting as you were raped multiple times by a monster rapist if you gave consent you would be enjoying the sex and loving as well but you were not wanting to have sex with that monster as thats all he is and thats why you were crying if you are still with that monster leave now and you have to talk with your parents regards this dirty filthy monster you need to report it to the police you can talk with female police officers and you will get all the help you need report him so it does not happen to other girls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending