The Student Room Group

Can I apply for student finance to re-take my first year for a third time?

I’m a bit of a mess with uni, but basically I’d like to re-take my first year of university for a third time. Will student finance grant me finance to do this? I’m aware that by doing this, I would only have funding left for that year and another, and would have to finance the final 2 years myself (it’s a 4 year Law course).

I’d like to point out that I’m not changing my course. I studied law at one university and had a breakdown, and transferred to the university I’m currently at but did not engage quite as much as what I should have, and thus have failed again. I’d like to try for a third time at this second university, staying on the Law course
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by elliebellie234
I’m a bit of a mess with uni, but basically I’d like to re-take my first year of university for a third time. Will student finance grant me finance to do this? I’m aware that by doing this, I would only have funding left for that year and another, and would have to finance the final 2 years myself (it’s a 4 year Law course).

I’d like to point out that I’m not changing my course. I studied law at one university and had a breakdown, and transferred to the university I’m currently at but did not engage quite as much as what I should have, and thus have failed again. I’d like to try for a third time at this second university, staying on the Law course

You would need to provide evidence of compelling personal reasons for one of your repeat years to have a second repeat funded. If you can evidence that your initial transfer was due to mental ill health then you may be granted an additional year of funding (your funding for a 4 year degree is 4 years + 1 gift year - previous years of study)

SFE always put unfunded years first so you would have no funding for the second repeat year but would for your second, third and fourth year of your degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending